Library Professional dedicated to the Non-profit world Resume
LOG IN OR REGISTER TO CONTACT ME
This button will open the login/register page in a new tab. After logging in, come back to this page and refresh your browser.
RTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY|| EVANSTON
- Initiate prompt communication with people exposed to COVID- through phone calls
- Employ dynamic communication and interpersonal skills, cultural competency/sensitivity, tactful language, and empathetic interviewing skills to build rapport and maintain trust with patients of varied backgrounds.
- Notify the contact of their exposure to COVID-, following a script or to provide COVID- education.
- Provide approved information and guidance on quarantine procedures and what to do if symptoms develop.
- Collaborate and coordinate with a team of public health professionals
- Utilize a computer with appropriate access to required applications and a web-based database daily
PROCESSING ARCHIVIST, ROTARY INTERNATIONAL || EVANSTON
- Processed archival collection
- Collected Rotarian Club data from Club records to create an access research file for staff.
SCHOOL LIBRARIAN, ST. VINCENT FERRER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL || RIVER FOREST
- Created Policies and Procedures for the Library.
- Oversaw student loans and circulation.
- Taught weekly scheduled library classes for PreK – th grade classes.
- Provided original catalog for new material.
- Created displays for current school curriculum and celebrations
- Conducted read aloud for Early Childhood and Elementary students.
- Introduced research skills to elementary and middle school students.
- Provided read aloud and book extension activities during e-learning.
- Hosted author visits.
- Planned school-wide programming.
MANAGER, AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION (AMA) || CHICAGO
- Promoted to manager to oversee transition after the retirement of a long-time employee.
- Oversaw and updated department policies and procedures for the first time in twenty-years.
- Planned and executed the department budget cutting expenses and requesting and receiving funds for much needed projects.
- Facilitated vendor relationships and contracts for finance and legal departments.
- Managed the records management program administer for the department.
- Proposed, implemented and managed a graduate-level internship program.
SENIOR ARCHIVIST, AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION (AMA) || CHICAGO
- Established policies and practices to guide the processing and management of the AMA archival holdings.
- Collaborated with the design teams to create engaging historical content for internal and
external audiences. This included selecting items, writing exhibit copy, designing and installation of exhibits for the public spaces of AMA HQ, creating content for AMA social media channels and writing content for internal communications and the AMA website.
- Developed and led tours of the AMA HQ and corporate archives.
- Provided prompt reference and in-depth research using the AMA historical collections. Met the needs of over internal and external reference and research requests a month.
- Managed multiple digital asset systems to allow for better access to collections for department users and external users.
- Managed the long-term digitization of AMA's historical assets.
- Conducted staff training for the department’s digital asset systems and other services.
- Accessioned and processed the historical records of the AMA.
- Managed the move of AMA historical collections from the AMA HQ at N. State to their new HQ at N. Wabash.
DECEMBER MASTER'S IN LIBRARY & INFORMATION SCIENCE, DOMINICAN UNIVERSITY
MAY MASTER’S IN ARTS IN PUBLIC HISTORY, LOYOLA UNIVERSITY
MAY BACHELOR’S IN ARTS IN HISTORY, MIAMI UNIVERSITY
VOLUNTEER & INTERNSHIP
Honeycomb Project, – . Family volunteer
Chicago Area Archivist, – . Steering Committee
Rotary International, . Processing Archivist Intern
Chicago History Museum, . Processing Archivist Intern
Kenilworth Historical Society, . Museum Volunteer
My Comeback Story: Overcoming Imposter Syndrome in the Archival Profession
Midwest Archives Conference, April
Lifting the Veil: Exploring Transparency in Closed Archives
Society of American Archivists, August
Don’t talk about the Archives: Addressing the tension between access, outreach and relevancy in closed archives.
Midwest Archives Conference, April
AMA Journal of Ethics, “Community Health in Rural America During the Mid-th Century,” March .
—, “Ads and Labels From Early th-Century Health Fraud Promotions,” November .
-, “How Communities Attracted Physicians After World War II,” March .