Political Intelligence Researcher and MENA Specialist Resume
LOG IN OR REGISTER TO CONTACT ME
This button will open the login/register page in a new tab. After logging in, come back to this page and refresh your browser.
Political Intelligence Researcher and MENA Specialist with expertise in project management, communications and report writing, and countering violent extremism research who brings transparency and intellectual curiosity. years analyzing, synthesizing, and distilling complex information for USG, weighing relevance, context, and program solutions for nonprofit implementation organizations and think tanks.
Intelligence Analysis - Developed governance solutions and reports on Tunisia and Jordan extremism drivers.
Project Management - Led election observation mission travel logistics and Jordanian democracy strategies.
Middle East Research - Interviewed Jordan political experts and wrote and presented strategy to division.
Program Solutions - Produced State Department, USAID, and NED project grant proposals, winning $.M.
Communication - Wrote democracy strategies, briefed on poll analyses, and co-hosted global podcast.
Program Manager, International Republican Institute Washington, DC / - /
- Managed international democracy assistance project communications and oversaw scope compliance in Jordan.
- Monitored $M project spending analysis, leading to USG regulations compliance and faster funding decisions.
- Conducted Jordan PVE needs assessment, analyzed/synthesized focus group data, and wrote report sections.
- Liaised with Department of State, USAID, and stakeholders through speaking events and correspondence.
- Co-chaired CVE community of practice group to increase organizational awareness of CVE tools and practices.
- Interviewed Jordan political context experts to better understand and identify priority needs and pitfalls.
- Led writing of Jordan and Mauritania democracy strategies and presentations, praised by division director.
- Selected to mentor election observation team and to develop USAID compliant branding strategy.
Podcast Co-Host - Global, International Republican Institute Washington, DC / - /
- Engaged thousands of global listeners on country information and themes, such as violent extremism.
- Wrote and edited guest questions and interviewed political experts and journalists from around the world.
Program Officer, International Republican Institute Washington, DC / - /
- Managed international democracy assistance projects and oversaw budget and scope compliance in Tunisia
- Supported Tunisia CVE research program implementation and identified latent support for violent extremism.
- Led communications strategy development using consultations, roundtables, and public engagement efforts.
- Created partnerships and produced State Department, USAID, and NED grant proposals, winning $.M.
- Edited quarterly reports, newsletters, one-pagers, and revised section of IRI President's testimony to Congress.
- Researched history of West Africa CVE programs and directed cataloguing of IRI’s CVE programs and proposals.
- Regularly briefed USG on Tunisia poll analysis and interpretation, incorporating on-the-ground anecdotes.
- Analyzed Tunisia extremism drivers and developed solutions relevant to organization mission and capabilities.
- State Department identified proposal authored as knowledgeable of global and Tunisian extremism drivers.
Assistant Program Officer, International Republican Institute Washington, DC / - /
- Supported program operations by analyzing spending reports and updating budget pipelines.
- Directed data collection and organization for programmatic reports.
- Crafted press release, audit responses, and funder reports, winning internal award for best quarterly report.
- Wrote tweets and blogs.
- Handled travel logistics of and helped develop successful Tunisia international election observation missions.
Program Assistant, International Republican Institute Washington, DC / - /
- Acquired facility with program budgets and processes and federal laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Led monitoring and evaluation of Tunisia programs.
- Wrote quarterly funder reports.
- Interpreted and communicated complex political information to division leadership.
Middle East Policy Intern, The Heritage Foundation Washington, DC / - /
- Co-authored blog on Turkish-Kurd clashes and wrote blog on failures of Syria Action Group meeting.
- Drafted introductory paragraphs for Middle Eastern countries for the Index of Economic Freedom.
- Researched and wrote memos on Iranian, Turkish, Syrian, and Egyptian political and security issues and terrorism in Libya and the Sahel.
Policy Intern, The Foreign Policy Initiative Washington, DC / - /
- Researched Turkish government and foreign relations and drafted op-ed on Turkey’s potential Syria role.
Bachelor of Arts - International Relations, Tufts University Medford, MA
Graduated Magna cum Laude.