This button will open the login/register page in a new tab. After logging in, come back to this page and refresh your browser.
Phone: (phone hidden)
E-Mail: (email hidden)
Jimmy T. Dang
To Provide System Support with Installation, Network Administration, and Maintenance of LAN/WAN Network Topology Infrastructure of NOC/SOC & Team environment. Provide Project Program Management and Coordination Through Technical Writing Experience with Technology Administration Support in an environment that will allow both Professional Growth as well as Personal Understanding Achievement.
Currently hold Active Public Trust Clearance with Certifications in ITIL v, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Linux+, Amazon AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
Electronics Manufacturing/Hardware: SMT Machine, HP Genrad, Teradyne, Wave Solder, and ERSA-VERSA. Dell, HP, Sony, Toshiba, IBM/Lenovo, Acer, Asus, Gateway, Super Micro Computer, Promise Technology VTrak, Blackberry RIM, Apple
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows x, , XP, Vista, , .,, Server NT ., , , , Microsoft Exchange & , Sonic Wall, Squid Proxy, Postini, NetApp Quantum Solar i Tape Library, Microsoft WSUS, OS/, Novell ., VMWare VSphere, Hyper-V, Android, Apple Mac OS & iOS, Citrix Presentation Server/XenApp, Cisco NetApp Flexpod, Linux RedHat, Fedora, Ubuntu, Centos, Suse, and Unix.
Software / Applications: MS Office , MS Office , SQL Server, MS Share Point, WordPerfect, Lotus Notes ., Attachmate Extra Mainframe, AutoCAD, Acronis True Image, Reuter ., Bridge ., TT X Trader, Postini, PGP Engcrytion, Axioma, Avaya VOIP, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe PhotoShop, DameWare, RDP, VPN, Net Meeting, WebEx, RAS, Blackberry Desktop Manager, IntelliSync, Snag IT, Track IT ., Amcom Paging, Remedy, Help Star, Atlassian Confluence & JIRA, Wiki, BMC Ticketing System, Dynamics NAV, NetSuite, Symantec Service Desk ., Veritas Administrator, Veritas Backup Exec ., Norton Antivirus, Ghost, Veritas Cluster, and Endpoint, Putty, Telnet, Wire Shark, Sonic Wall, Lumension (Patch Link), Legato Networker Backup System, Mitel IP Telephony Management, TripWire Enterprise, SiteScope, Splunk, Peregrine, GFI Monitor, Fog Light, Grid Control, Net IQ, Nagios, Orion Solar Winds, HP BAC (Business Availability Center), HP BSM, HP Operations Manager (OM), HP Network Node Manager I (NNMi), JVM OpenNMS, TeamQuest, LAN Desk, Microsoft System Center Operations & Configuration Manager & (SCOM & SCCM)
December – Present STS International Inc.
MorphoTrak Service Desk Incident Response Team Lead (Washington DC)
· Automated Fingerprint Identification System AFIS and Live Scan Support for Metropolitan Police Department Washington, DC, State of Virginia Police Department, and State of Maryland Police Department.
· Field Systems Engineer % traveling remote work, police districts to support Live Scan machines for processing data onto Local, National, and FBI database for ID Verification.
· Work closely with State officials to configure each site district with proper state regulation and standards so that evidence could be submitted in a Court of Law for proper processing and court trial.
· Proven success working in high-volume mission critical x technical NOC/SOC with demonstrated strengths in rapidly diagnosing troubleshooting and resolving client issues through Active Directory account creation/deleting/modifying.
· NOC/SOC application/network/hardware/database monitoring of all nodes mission critical devices.
· NOC/SOC monitoring security network detection Intrusion with various monitoring tools Splunk, Sitescope, and QRadar
· Server build, configuration and implementation for backend network topology so that Live Scan machines can connect with AFIS for Oracle/Sequel database ID verification.
· Monitor backend server with weekly, daily, monthly backup from Legato Networker systems / with On-Call support to assist with all IT Outage, Failure, and Emergency.
· Weekly meetings with Upper Management along with Client for SLA tracking to build customer satisfaction.
· Incident Response Team Lead monitoring, escalating, capturing of ALL incidents with root cause analysis and resolution statement of each incident.
· Track & Inventory all portable and regular live scan for budget analysis and product upgrade cycle.
· Project management coordinating for special projects dealing with upgrades, maintenance of servers, and special request made by clients for workflow homepage configuration for state regulation and budget proposals.
· Follow NERC/FERC CIP Compliance Standards through evidence gathering.
· Interact with all Business Partnership through direct Phone Support for all escalating issues concerning Product Analysis and Product Support ranging from Microsoft, Dell, HP, Legato Networker, Oracle, and Linux.
· Monitor backend AFIS system through NAGIOS monitoring tool for Linux Redhat Servers, and Oracle/Sequel database.
November – December Jewell Technical Consulting JTC
Senior Lead Systems Administrator (Manassas, VA)
· Manage Network Service Provider Tier III Support for fellow personnel to support Small / Medium Size Private Businesses.
· Monitor and support all Servers, Networks, and Workstations remotely through RDP, VPN, DRAC, Team Viewer, WebEx, Log Me In, GFI Monitoring, and Cross Loop.
· Direct relationship partner with Dell, Microsoft, Cisco, APC, Sonic Wall, to fulfill customer needs and support with all IT aspects.
· Server building, configuration and implementation along with Email Administration through Back End Microsoft Exchange / and Host POP / IMAP accounts.
· Work closely with Systems Architect Engineer to design and implement customer networks for current and future customer business and relation support.
· Monitor customer network / with On-Call support to assist with all IT Outage, Failure, and Emergency.
· Collect server and application health across physical, virtual, and cloud infrastructure through HP BSM SiteScope application monitoring tool.
· Serves as Senior Escalation Engineer for all clients and internal junior engineers.
· Senior Help Desk Tier III Phone Support for troubleshooting issues directly with Client User along with assisting Junior System Administrators with AD Active Directory and GPO Group Policies.
· Serves as Help Desk phone support for all Apple MAC OS related issues. Interact with all Business Partnership through direct Phone Support for all escalating issues concerning Product Analysis and Product Support ranging from Microsoft, Sonic Wall, Dell, Quick Books, iBackup, Symantec, Cisco, along with many other Business Partners.
November – November Symantec Corporation
Norton Data Services (Ashburn, VA)
Storage Engineer NOC Operations Specialist (rd Shift)
· Monitor and acknowledge system alerts through Orion Solar Winds and System Reportal Pulses of set SNMP traps through Outlook Email JIRA ticketing system for Windows & Linux Servers.
· NOC support monitoring and escalating Incidents logging/managing Incident processes through JIRA and Wiki. Coordinate Conference Bridge with all parties until resolution.
· Provide / Network Monitoring of Symantec Veritas Cluster, NOBU, Backup/ Recovery Servers, and Promise Technology Hardware.
· NAGIOS monitoring tool for CentOS Linux Servers for threshold readings.
· Perform triage Recovery Procedures from MS Share Point and Atlassian Confluence.
· Issue interim updates to stakeholders and escalate to Senior Engineers when needed.
· Troubleshoot system failures of syslog in Symantec Veritas Cluster storage with check disk volume for dirtiness or corrupt volume.
· Work coordination with Telecom Bridge with On-Call Senior Engineers concerning Network, Power, System, Hardware, Software, and any other Application Failure Outage within NOC Environment Infrastructure.
· Rebuild volume storage POD’S when cluster is down, including Promise JBODS, Raid Heads, BR (Backup/Recovery) Servers through Altiris Agent.
· Staging and building New Production Servers and Testing PODS of custom racks for Integration expansion customer storage.
· Support different locations of Data Centers from in Ashburn, Virginia, in Sterling, Virginia, and in London for continuous workflow Disaster Recovery and Integration for new and existing projects ranging from maintenance of servers to troubleshooting network, system, hardware, software, and application failures.
· Managed, Implement, and Support Cisco Flex Pod Environment for Integration onto existing Storage Infrastructure Platform.
June – February Amtrak National Railroad Corporation
/ NOC – Data Center (Manassas, Virginia)
Incident Response Manager / Shift Manager
· Serves as Incident Response Manager/Shift Manager for NOC Data Center onsite at Amtrak Corporation.
· Incident Response Manager, coordinate emergency involvement all participating parties from Senior Engineers, Upper Management, Internal/External customers through conference telecom with all impacted departments. Making sure problems and issues are resolved through coordinating procedures and policies with proper communication through all channels to have expected ETA time so production down time is limited and won't have significant impact to customer end user.
· Generate and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) so that Service Level Agreements (SLA) metrics can be achieved and measured.
· Provide / Network Monitoring of Applications and Hardware on ALL platforms dealing with Citrix, SQL, Unix, Windows, VM, Oracle, and SAN.
· Technical Writing of weekly reports, data collection through Peregrine and Open Source Nagios Applications and Network Infrastructure for Performance Analysis Management.
· Hold weekly meetings through Conference Calls of Performance, Analysis, and Resolution of Network, Servers, and Applications of NOC Infrastructure.
· Monitor, Track, and Data Collection to generate End-to-End Network Optimization Reporting.
· Provide Analytical, Technical, System Support, and Management Support for Enterprise Applications of Network through Generated Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Reporting of Open Source Nagios, Site Scope, Net IQ and HP BAC Monitoring.
· Perform Research and Analysis to formulate specific application response time targets along with validated industry benchmark comparisons for Enhance Performance Management from Network to End User.
· Generate Reporting of Applications (Net IQ, Site Scope, Fog Light, and Grid Control) for In Depth Project Analysis and Performance Review.
· In Depth Analysis of Application Reporting for recommendations on Optimizing Configuration Performance for good Client/Customer Interaction.
· Implement and coordinate all documented Change Management(CM) along with Incident Management(IM) processes within customer user timeframe for achievement in Service Level Agreements(SLA)
· On Legato Team serving Backup Management Software Utility for NOC Infrastructure Application Data.
· Building and Testing HP Servers (DL & DL ) along with applications to customer specifications for staging and production.
· Monitoring Network for NOC through Applications and Tools like NETIQ, Site Scope, Fog Light, and Grid Control.
May – April Johnson Controls (Gaithersburg, Maryland)
Systems Administrator Field Engineer
· FDA Security Systems Administration, in a GOC Environment.
· Administration and Troubleshooting Metasys Security System.
· Cardkey security field controller configuration and maintenance (P)
· Setup and install HP servers to assist in various FDA & FBI government projects.
· Assisting in Help Desk tickets through Help Star Ticketing System done with Active Directory, RDP, Net Meeting, and VPN onto network administration.
· Field Engineer, interaction with customers for support ranging from VPN Network Connectivity, to WIFI internal network, to assisting customers with any application, software, or hardware issues that they may have.
· On Projects team that assist, install, and maintain WHOLE phase of infrastructure from building servers to running CAT / cables to setting up card readers, to network configuration settings for user access into buildings, and specific room access.
· Assist users with Air Cards, Blackberry, Android, and Iphone with specific proxy setting configuration for access onto Network.
· Travel to Various Government Buildings for troubleshooting, installing, and maintaining various work related projects.
· Assist in Citrix Presentation Xenapp Project Migration along with other Windows Migration Projects.
May – March Danen Incorporated (Falls Church, VA)
IT Manager / Systems Network Administrator
· Active Directory Management through Microsoft Server .
· Build White Box OEM Computers with Company Standard Software.
· Building out production servers to setup Web, FTP, DNS, and other Applications.
· Mitel Voice over IP Telephone Management System and Troubleshooting.
· Responsible for maintaining Network Servers with Firewall Security, Network connectivity with DNS, TCP/IP, and DHCP.
· Exchange management for Outlook Email System.
· Full computer desktop/network support along with printer and PDA Sync.
· Serves as Tier III Senior Help Desk for escalating computer issues through Track IT .
· Monitor Windows environments for capacity, integrity and performance issues.
· Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Tape Backup using Symantec Veritas Backup Exec .
· Identify hardware, software and network infrastructure requirements; assess impact on existing applications and infrastructure
April – May GE Capital IT Solutions (Charlotte, NC)
Bank of America Contractor
Senior Customer Engineer/Project Manager – GCIB Network Services
· Responsible for all IMAC services for Bank of America account.
· Performed repairs, troubleshoot, and upgrading PC’s and Peripherals, (Desktops include IBM, Gateway, HP, and Compaq)
· Project Management/Coordinator for all Projects, SLA’S, and Migrations.
· Forecasting through Strategic Consulting, Planning, and Execution of Various Department Needs and Budget.
· Configured IBM, Compaq, and Toshiba Laptops and Desktop for various LAN/WAN configurations to include Remote Access, Dial-up Networking, proxy configurations, internal and external e-mail, and various software configurations. Serves as Help Desk and On-Site Support
· Proven record of outstanding performance and dependability with increasing responsibility, both in Teams and Stand-Alone Projects.
· Bi-Lingual Fluent With Read/Write English and Vietnamese.
· Numerous Independent Contracts of Various Project Management and Project Coordinator for Small / Medium Size Business.
· Worked in various different types of environments ranging from Small/Medium Businesses, Enterprise Corporation, Call Centers, Data Centers, NOC, SOC, and GOC.
· US Citizenship with Active Public Trust Clearance.
References Available Upon Request