* Systems Analyst * Business Analyst * Project Manager *
Information Technology Professional with extensive experience delivering software solutions on time, through conscientious collaboration and communication with business partners and IT peers, to achieve goals within the telecommunications, utility, and insurance industries. Recognized for the ability to hit the ground running - successfully achieving objectives with resources available. Major strengths in requirements analysis, design support, and efficient prioritization of multiple tasks throughout project life cycle, while pro-actively attending to continuous process improvement goals.
Hardware: IBM/MVS ES/ Mainframe and IBM-compatible PCs
Software: Outlook, Lotus Notes, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MVS/JCL, TSO/ISPF, VSAM, CICS, Visio
Utilities: DB/SQL, ENDEVOR, FILEAID, SYNCSORT, SAS, ABENDAID
Enterprise Systems: Billing, Ordering, Accounting
VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS, Philadelphia, PA (phone hidden)
Software Engineer IV: Designer ((phone hidden))
Provided design support for the National Business Billing Engine system, according to release management schedule of - releases per year. Assessed requirements for impact. Identified task breakdown and calculated work estimates. Participated in JADs to refine requirements. Translated requirements into high-level designs, programmer specifications, and test scenarios for multiple subsystems. Monitored and integrated project changes according to change management best practices. Maintained close contact with onshore and offshore developers, throughout the project life cycle, to ensure project milestones were met. Worked independently with minimal supervision; managed remotely for years.
* Negotiated optimal architecture and design approach with all stakeholders: clients, designers, developers and management.
* Continued delivering all designs on time while working with a project increase of ~ to ~, as sole designer of subsystems, as well as providing work estimates and high level designs for subsystems within the billing process; doubling designs completed to ~.
* Eliminated capacity conflict by standardizing process to accurately track developer work.
* Created custom time estimation models for billing subsystems meeting SEI-CMM level III objective of +/- estimates vs. actual.
* Reduced defects for subsystem ~% and reduced answer-only issues to ~%, by creating an interface agreement document to confirm understanding across subsystems.
* Improved team productivity by streamlining process for assessing impact for billing subsystems.
Software Engineer III/Programmer Analyst ((phone hidden))
* Implemented code and JCL changes, tested, managed job scheduling, and provided production support /, for ~ programs, for inbound and outbound non-Verizon carrier process, in states.
* Delivered a modified process to production in weeks, with zero defects, for a previously unresolved issue related to distribution of phone usage records that included process refinement utilizing COBOL standards, sort utilities, and retaining all files in JCL that greatly improved system reliability.
Software Engineer III/Build Specialist ((phone hidden))
* Provided configuration management support, for all mid-Atlantic Billing and Collections software components, across multiple environments, according to the monthly release schedule, for IT staff. Coordinated the trouble ticket process across test and developer teams, during the EE testing phase, /.
* Initiated paperless trouble ticket process, to reduce approval bottlenecks and increase efficiency between management and test team.
PRIOR RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
PECO ENERGY (EXELON), Philadelphia, PA
Integrated new and existing, hardware and software, into standardized IBM and MS-OFFICE platform. Interfaced with all stakeholders. Managed all facets of the project life cycle, using MS-PROJECT and wrote associated documents for: hardware and software evaluation, feasibility, risk assessment, work flow analysis (old vs. proposed),
development specifications, test conditions, training, and client and technical documentation.
* Developed the OSHA Worker’s Compensation application, in MS-ACCESS, which provided the clients the means to enter data and generate reports to accurately monitor incidents reportable to OSHA.
* Evaluated and recommended hardware and software system (Resumix) to eliminate paper resumes and reduce staffing requirements.
PROVIDENT MUTUAL LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY (NATIONWIDE), Philadelphia, PA
Lead Programmer Analyst
Led special projects and performed programmer/analyst duties, interfacing with clients to obtain requirements, negotiating cost and time estimates, writing code and JCL. Handled all phases of testing, maintained documentation, and provided production support /.
* Re-engineered the Agent Compensation system, participating in every phase of the project from requirements gathering, JADs, architecture, database design, and supervising consultants in the development phase.
* Delivered company-wide e-mail and group calendaring, on standard IBM/MVS platform, within months, meeting time deadline.
* Maintained the ABC (account, budget, and cost) system, according to vendor parameters, to ensure continued vendor support, and integrated new functionality as requested by the accounting department.
MSIS, Master of Science - Information Systems
Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
Programming - Computer Learning Center, Philadelphia, PA
BM, Bachelor of Music
The New School of Music/Temple University, Philadelphia, PA