This button will open the login/register page in a new tab. After logging in, come back to this page and refresh your browser.
Print Production Artist, Character, San Francisco, CA. October to November
Working on contract for a design agency, I produced two holiday catalogs for a major retailer. I created layouts from design specifications, then imported, sized, and cropped FPO images as provided. I imported content from client-provided spreadsheets, then formatted the text and did minor editing and major copyfitting. This project required that I produce several rounds of galleys and implement many client changes, then create clean, accurate mechanicals and perform preflight checks and troubleshooting. I also attended two multi-day press checks.
Print and Web Production Artist, The USENIX Association, Berkeley, CA. September to April
Working with the production team at a non-profit membership/education organization for computer professionals, I performed hands-on production duties for a wide variety of print and web projects. Print projects included a bi-monthly magazine, marketing brochures and other collateral, conference proceedings books, conference guides, and event signage. My web production duties included creating new pages, creating and optimizing graphics and images, and updating the HTML code of the entire site and implementing CSS. I trained and supervised one production assistant.
Print Production Manager, IDG Entertainment, San Francisco, CA. November to April
As the Print Production Manager at a large media company, I performed hands-on production duties for monthly and bi-monthly issues of several -color magazines, as well as various custom publishing projects, in-house marketing projects, and internal collateral. My duties included:
• Checking final pages for visual and technical quality and making final adjustments to type and page elements
• Preparing images for -color output (sizing, color correction, and retouching)
• Performing preflight check of final pages and preparing digital files for press using Dalim Twist prepress system
• Advertising traffic: setting deadlines, tracking ad materials, granting materials extensions, and providing specifications and technical assistance to advertising clients
• Creating and maintaining Adobe InDesign page layout templates utilizing master pages, layers, and style sheets
• Creating and maintaining Filemaker Pro databases to track edit and advertising pages through the workflow
• Creating production schedules and making sure deadlines were met by creative staff
• Creating and updating the pagination map for each publication
• Providing product photography utilizing digital SLR and tabletop lighting system
• Recommending and implementing creative department conversion from QuarkXPress to Adobe InDesign, and training the staff to utilize Adobe InDesign’s features effectively
• Instituting cross-platform workflow for editorial and creative departments
Print Production Artist, Steve Wong & Associates, San Francisco, CA. May to November
Print Production Manager, Foghorn Press, San Francisco, CA. June to April
Print Production Artist, Recreation Publications, Alameda, CA. August to June
Typographer, TBD Typography, San Rafael, CA. June to January
Bachelor of Arts, English Literature, University of California, Berkeley, CA. June