ANVILLE, OH (phone hidden) (phone hidden) cell (email hidden)
- Kenyon College Gambier, OH
Special Assistant to the President and Provost (-present)
Executive Assistant to the Special Assistant to the President (-)
Phonathon Manager (Student Callers soliciting alumni) (-)
Selected accomplishments and responsibilities:
• Planned, coordinated, and implemented the inauguration of the president of Kenyon College, including coordinating academic, social, and community celebratory activities, as well as arrangements for travel and housing for honoraries and dignitaries.
• Principal contact for visiting dignitaries to include Treasury Secretary John Snow, author David Foster Wallace, Senator John Kerry and Teresa Heinz Kerry.
• Planned national conference for Local Foods Initiative. Coordinated travel and housing for participants in three-day conference.
• Commencement Coordinator – principal contact for parents, friends, and alumni for graduation.
• Organize, advertise, and manage all aspects of convocations and Commencement to include on campus programs, meals, housing, and transportation.
• Instituted commencement fee, resulting in $, annual savings to the College.
• Developed online graduation registration form for seniors, resulting in more than $, annual savings.
• Created online registration to reserve/purchase Commencement housing, meals, and transportation.
• Administer grant programs for students and faculty
• Recruit, hire, and manage team of student workers for Commencement week
• Maintain Commencement page of Kenyon website.
(phone hidden) Granville Schools Education Foundation Granville, OH
Responsibilities included identifying/developing donor opportunities; development of PR/education materials for teachers, grant applicants, current and prospective donors; producing year-end mass mail campaign; coordinating arrangements for Grant Awards event; database development/maintenance; correspondence and media contacts for Foundation
(phone hidden) Upper Arlington Education Foundation Upper Arlington, OH
Managed annual fundraising effort; produced solicitation materials, mass mailings, alumni correspondence; designed & maintained donor & alumni database; coordinated Alumni reunion clearinghouse and school displays
Warner Cable, QUBE Columbus, OH
On-air host, daily talk/variety show
On-air co-host, Celebration, a daily, live, two-hour talk/variety program; interviewed guests (ranging from local ‘celebrities’ to Academy Award winners); produced segments
(phone hidden) Ohio Historical Society Columbus, OH
Education Department/Volunteer Coordinator
Recruited, trained & supervised volunteer guides/interpreters for Ohio Historical Center & Ohio Village; designed educational & volunteer programs; coordinated distribution of educational materials to teachers & students throughout Ohio; scheduled all tours of the Center & Village; represented OHS in radio & TV interviews
(phone hidden) Taft Broadcasting, WTVN-TV (Channel ) Columbus, OH
Romper Room, On-air Teacher
Hosted daily children’s educational program; recruited, interviewed - year old program participants; scheduled local guests for on-air interviews; represented Romper Room and
WTVN-TV/Taft Broadcasting (now WSYX) at personal appearances and official WTVN/ABC-TV functions
- Franklin Park Conservatory, Women’s Board Columbus, OH
“Antiques & Gardeners’ Fair” Committee – Volunteer Committee Chair (); Invitation Committee ()
(phone hidden) Partnership for Enrichment in Granville Schools (PEGS) Granville, OH
(phone hidden) Granville Music Boosters Granville, OH
Membership Chair (-); President ((phone hidden)); Vice-President (-)
(phone hidden) Granville Middle School Summer Camp Fair Granville, OH
Produced brochure/directory of camps represented at Camp Fair.
Designed database, brochure format, copy & graphics.
(phone hidden) Boy Scouts of America, Simon Kenton Council Columbus, OH
- Columbus Museum of Art, Women’s Board Columbus, OH
(phone hidden) Wickliffe Alternative Elementary School Upper Arlington, OH
PTO board, PR chair for opening of magnet school; co-chaired fundraising committee for Leathers Playground Project, coordinating programs and producing informational materials for all events, raising $, in three months; classroom volunteer; computer volunteer; After School Adventure founding committee member & presenter.
- Childhood League Columbus, OH
Assisting Board Officer, Board Member, volunteer for independent school for developmentally delayed children. Computer chairman ( yrs), responsible for donor database & reports; annual funding volunteer, soliciting individuals & corporations; weekly volunteer in classroom; participant in annual fundraiser, “Merry-Go-Round,” a single evening event raising over $,.
(phone hidden) Pleasure Guild of Children’s Hospital Columbus, OH
Board Member; Newsletter Chairman; solicitor for funds to finance annual Pleasure Guild Play to support Children’s Hospital; monthly volunteer at Children’s Hospital
(phone hidden) Junior League Pittsburgh, PA & Columbus, OH
Board Member; Transfer Chair; Audio-visual Chair, producing multi-media programs for meetings, conducting workshops in other cities to help their Leagues create/develop multi-media presentations; Bargain Box department chair & annual volunteer; Kelton House task force; Hospice task force, establishing Hospice in Columbus
Elmira College, Elmira, NY, B.A.
Indiana University-Purdue, Indianapolis, Fundraising School
Volunteer Management Training, Columbus, OH
The Ellis School, Pittsburgh, College Preparatory
OTHER INTERESTS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Gardening, cooking, needlepoint. Class agent for Ellis School, contributor, semi-annual alumnae magazine; Worship & Music Committee, Fellowship Committee, First Presbyterian Church, Granville; Parents’ Fund solicitor, Avon Old Farms School, Avon, CT (); Granville Schools Strategic Planning Committee Member ()