LLBetzler CV Resume
Posted on: 2023-03-27
LOG IN OR REGISTER TO CONTACT ME
This button will open the login/register page in a new tab. After logging in, come back to this page and refresh your browser.
Lauren LaRayne Betzler, Esq. (phone hidden) E. Cache la Poudre, Colorado Springs, CO (email hidden)
- International business expertise, executive leadership of cross-functional teams in a small business environment and within big industry, creating long-term value for companies and customer end-users across multiple platforms and service sectors.
- Promotes responsible business practices with proven accomplishments in high-dollar value proposal development, risk assessment & mitigation, legal analysis, complex negotiations, strategic alliances and industrial partnering.
Colorado State University, Pueblo, Colorado
Lecturer, Strategy & Ethics, Hasan School of Business – Present
- Undergraduate courses: International Management, Ethics in Business, Strategic Management, Business Communications
- Graduate courses: Business Ethics, Graduate Writing for International Students, Negotiation, Corporate Strategy & Policy, International Business
- Doctorate courses: Healthcare: Ethics, Law and Policy, & Health Care Business & Finance
University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Guest Lecturer, School of Business Summer & Summer
- Undergraduate courses: Business, Government, Law & Society
Independent Consultant, Colorado Springs, CO
February – Present Attorney/Business Consultant
- Providing industry leaders with comprehensive legal analysis and management guidance in the areas of risk assessment & mitigation, contract compliance, corporate planning, capture strategies and negotiation preparation in USG and international commercial environments.
- Business consultant to the marijuana industry. Providing business and legal guidance and support in business licensing processing, interpretation of state and local regulations, property selection, zoning compliance, engineering design, water resources, general contracting and facility security.
Aleut Management Services, LLC, Colorado Springs, CO
July – February Vice President, Contracts and Legal
- Member of the Executive Leadership Team for an Alaskan Native Corporation, creating shareholder value for the Aleut Indians.
- Corporate Counsel for the Aleut Management Services (AMS) holding company and seven subsidiary businesses.
- Promoting compliance, business development and performance excellence for small disadvantaged businesses in the areas of Communications, Information Technology, Logistics, Base Operations, Space Systems and Environmental Support Systems.
- Ethics Officer for + Aleut employees, promoting a cooperative work environment and ensuring full compliance with laws, regulations and company policies.
- Responsible for the operation and management of Cost and Pricing, Procurement and Contracts departments.
- Turned Around Non-Compliant Units. Business was threatened by rampant non-compliance with SBA regulations. Initiated comprehensive training and established reporting matrix, ensuring business units compliance, improving relationships with SBA. Developed (a) certification package for two new LLCs., increasing profit potential.
- Slashed Risk and Recovered Write-Offs. Company lacked transparency and faced ~$M in risk. Improved data verification, communication and accountability. Reduced existing exposure to $M and avoided new risk. Additionally, recovered $K in write-offs and losses.
BAE Systems, Inc., U.S. Combat Systems, York, PA
Contracts Lead, Strategic & International Programs for Heavy Brigade Combat Team –
- Generated and delivered proposals to assist in the establishment of out-year customer budgets and for the pursuit of new business opportunities including new production, remanufacture/reset, engineering support, field service representative support, spares, and operational/technical manual deliverables.
- Responsible for all HBCT strategic and international efforts across multiple tracked platforms (Recovery, Mine Roller, Bradley, M, M and M).
- International specialist, contracts lead and customer liaison in the development of complex proposals, negotiations, and the drafting and execution of international defense contracts.
- Direct experience with Singapore, Taiwan, Saudi Arabia and Israel.
- Provided guidance and assisted in the drafting of a cross-company KSA Reference Guide as Subject Matter Expert on Saudi Arabia.
- Appointed to HBCT Advisory Committee for the promotion of business initiatives across the directorate and to develop a central knowledge repository.
- Bronze Winner of Chairman’s Award in the category of Supporting Our Total Performance Culture for Building New Business Markets.
- Drafted Contracts procedure for the implementation of Export Credit Risk Insurance for implementation across all U.S platforms.
- Guest speaker for USCS at Global Commercial Conference in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Expanded International Business Opportunities. Lacking internal international expertise, BAE focused on domestic contracts. Developed collaborative business relationships in Singapore, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan and Brazil, delivering $.B in proposals. Improved profit potential ~% in new global markets.
- Boosted Competitive Edge. BAE sought to leverage external industrial partnerships. Hand-picked to direct project due to in-depth understanding. Developed tool to manage alliances and assess commercial potential, capturing + relationships across six business units and improving intelligence sharing. Nominated for Chairman’s Award.
Ethics Officer, York facility & US Combat Systems – (Appointed Position)
- Responsible for oversight of twelve sites throughout the U.S. and management of local Ethics Officers.
- Monitored and provided guidance to local officers in the performance of their site-specific duties.
- Ensured compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Facilitated communication and information exchange with the corporate office, operating groups and line of business ethics offices.
- Resolved and/or fielded issues, complaints, reports and/or concerns of , salaried and bargaining unit employees.
- Coordinated and conducted investigations; monitored case and investigation progress; resolved and closed cases; maintained statistics on all potential ethics violations; and insured compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- Supported and fostered a cooperative work environment promoting high ethical standards and full compliance with laws, regulations and policies.
University of Maryland University College, Adelphi, Maryland
Adjunct Professor, School of Global Business and Public Policy –
- Undergraduate courses: Business Law and International Business Management
Northrop Grumman Corp. – Electronic Systems, Linthicum, Maryland
Contracts, APG Radar International –
- Contracts Lead for direct commercial international contracts for F- Legacy/APG(V) Radar program. Drafted, negotiated and administered contract documents including Proprietary Information Exchange Agreements, Transportation Plans for classified assets, Letters of Credit and Bank Guarantees.
- Customer liaison and company representative for Embassy visits with direct experience with Singapore, Taiwan, Argentina, Oman, Bahrain, Greece, Pakistan, Israel and Chile.
- Managed Complex International Agreements and Export Licensing. Northrop Grumman lacked export license oversight on F platform. Assumed control of Department of State licenses, including DSP-, , , , TAAs and MLAs in Asia, South America, the Middle East and Europe, ensuring compliance and accuracy.
University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., May
University of Maryland University College, M.S., International Management, July
University of Maryland University College, B.S., Business Management, July
Master’s Certification in Commercial Contracts Management, Villanova University, July
Master’s Certification in Government Contracts Management, Villanova University, July
M-NCPPC, Center Ice, & Lakeforest Ice Arena, Washington D.C. metro area
– Independent Contractor, Professional Figure Skater
- Promoted development of recreational skating, youth hockey, and growth in competitive figure skating training program.
Industry & Corporate Experience
o Corporate Governance:
- Vice President & member of the Executive Leadership Team
- Monthly communication to the CEO and quarterly Board of Directors briefings
- Organizational planning – development of programmatic goals (strategic & tactical)
- Reorganization planning & implementation
- Adherence to the corporate operational framework
- Promotion of shareholder value
- Owner of risk register – counsel, documentation, maintenance, and retirement of risks
o Functional Management (Legal, Contracts, Procurement, and Cost & Pricing):
- Budget development for and the day-to-day management and coordination/collaboration of departments
- Creation and implementation of functional training matrix
- Cross-functional communication of strategic vision and programmatic direction
- Staff empowerment and creativity through task/project delegation and promotion of a respectful work environment
- Risk – counsel, avoidance, mitigation, and write-off recovery
- Compliance with corporate policy, Small Business Administration (SBA) regulations, and federal, state, and local laws
- Contracts & Subcontracts – drafting, review, negotiation, maintenance
- Vendors & Suppliers – qualification/certification, negotiation of universal agreements, insurance verification, compliance with prime contract
- Proposals – Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) development, RFP/RFQ review, evaluation and approval of technical and price volumes for risk and compliance
- Supervision of outside counsel, oversight of claims/litigation, conflict resolution, and management of employee and other grievances
- Policies & Procedures – drafting, communication, and implementation
o Relationship Building:
- Customer/Client Liaison – Internal functional areas, USG Contracting Officers, SBA representatives, Israeli Mission to the United States, Embassies of Bahrain & Pakistan, and various Ministry of Defense customers abroad
- Industry partnerships – teaming agreements, joint ventures, and strategic alliances
- Direct reports – promotion of trust and mutual respect through development, opportunity, and role modeling
Page two of two
o Ethics & Responsible Business Practices:
- Appointed Ethics Officer for ,+ union and non-union employees
- Development & implementation of training
- Code of Conduct policy/manual
- Investigation and resolution of violations
- Documentation and record keeping
- Coordination with internal functional areas
- Development & Presentation of Training Materials: Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA), Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), False Claims Act (FCA), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), SBA (a), Ethics, Responsible Business Practices