Controller - Accounting Resume
LOG IN OR REGISTER TO CONTACT ME
This button will open the login/register page in a new tab. After logging in, come back to this page and refresh your browser.
Natalia O’Donnell MBA
Controller – Operations Manager
Strategic Controller, Operations Officer role within a professional organization.
Innovative and results oriented hands-on Business Manager. Well-versed in general finance and operations management. Highly experienced with integrating complex departmental business processes with the accounting ERP system. Deep knowledge of the core modules (General Ledger, Sales Order Processing, Purchase Order Processing, Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, Banking and T&E) across multiple accounting packages. Able to procure accurate monthly GL and subledger reports for decision makers and departmental managers as well as create a meaningful company-wide annual budget. Very knowledgeable on cleaning up and fixing broken or wrongly implemented business processes.
Able to effectively lead cross-functional teams, take charge of failed projects and get them back on track. Respond to project, operational and financial challenges with confidence, determination, and focus. Technical team player that can bridge the gap successfully between the needs of the business and the resources of the Information Technology department. Recognized as a hands-on problem solver and a self-starter who is highly organized with the ability to formulize strategic plans and implement purposeful changes. Ready to hit the ground running and get results!
Accounting Manager / Business Process Coordinator / - /
Bernstein, New York, N.Y.
- Designed complex workflows and procured business needs analysis documents.
- Trained new employees on new software and business processes.
- Managed complex distribution of funds for settled case, thirty million + USD.
- Liaison between the legal, accounting & Information Technology departments.
- Took ownership of difficult to manage business processes and improved them.
- Modernized the accounting department and implemented time-saving workflows.
- Effectively led the accounting team and oversaw the entire accounting process.
- Coordinated the monthly close process; post all batches, prepare the Trial Balance, P&L and Balance Sheet, and Bank recs.
- Performed the year-end close: create adjusting/reversing entries, close out the income statement summary accounts.
- Effectively managed and reconciled multiple bank accounts valued at two hundred + million USD.
- Led project to integrate Amex, Chrome River and Pro-Law.
- Created complex reports using Management Reporter, SSRS and Excel Pivot tables.
- Handled external relationship with banks, financial institutions, clients & vendors.
- Procured domestic and foreign wire payments and calculate multicurrency.
- Worked effectively as an individual as well as a team-player.
- Motivated and supervised a team of three people.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE continued
Assistant Controller / Project Manager / - /
Paul Stuart/Mitsui, New York, N.Y.
- Completely managed the entire ERP system Dynamics GP.
- Improved outdated workflows between the accounting department and buyers
by implementing accurate SSRS reports and a modern dashboard.
- Uploaded SOP, POP, RM and AP batches to the General Ledger via SmartConnect.
- Led multiple projects which improved operations between various departments.
- Constrained expenses across various departments and implemented budgets.
- Successfully procured GL, Inventory, Payables and Receivables reports.
- Performed monthly bank recs via the GP Bank Reconciliation module.
- Completed month and year end closing.
- Handled all T&E reporting, journal entries and vendor payments.
- Applied Dynamics GP service packs, updates, and chunk files.
- Replaced outdated paper checks with a modern EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) process which vastly improved the accounts payable department.
- Created customized aging reports for Accounts Receivable and monitored the DSO reports (Days Sales Outstanding)
- Monitored the KPI's and Metrics for Sales Order Processing, Inventory and Accounts Payable.
- Managed a team of three people and provided improvement training.
- Able to work effectively in a multilingual environment.
- Worked with Mitsui Chairperson on creating efficient processes between the buyers and accounting team.
Staff Accountant / - /
Rand Logistics, Jersey City, N.J.
- Assisted with multi-company consolidated month and year end closings.
- Responsibly handled monthly T&E reports.
- Accurately coordinated inventory support between receiving and procurement departments.
- Journalized in CAD and USD currency GL, AP, AR, INV transactions.
- Calculated FX gain/loss on complicated payables invoices.
- Properly managed containers and vessels manifests for international crossings.
- Reviewed in detail for errors international trade agreements & Certificates of Origin.
- Controlled frequent cash disbursements.
- Efficiently processed high volume check runs and set up recurring journal entries.
- Kept meticulous logs and notes on all transactions for future reference.
- Performed three-way matching principle on invoices, purchase orders and receipts.
- Effectively worked under extreme pressure to facilitate vessels tight schedule.
- Tenaciously followed up on open issues and resolved them quickly.
- Facilitated effective communication between the vessel, procurement team and the accounting department via Ulysses software and ERP system.
- Accurately performed GL/AP monthly reconciliations.
- Generated complex Excel pivot tables to analyze vessel provisions for voyage.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE continued
Corporate Trainer / Project Manager / - /
E-Tek Consulting, New Jersey, N.J.
- Delivered classes to corporate clients on Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Provided accounting support for clients in the Manufacturing, Retail and Distribution industries.
- Led multiple complex projects for clientele to improve operations and workflows.
- Documented and analyzed processes and generated proposals to improve them.
- Trained corporate clients on integrating accounting modules for a seamless end to end workflow.
- Worked with SQL programmers to create meaningful reports for decision makers.
- Traveled to various clients domestic and international to implement projects.
- Delivered training to Central and South American clients in Spanish.
- Translated complex documents from Spanish to English.
Accountant/Office Manager / - /
ATL Contractors - Bogota, Colombia
- Full charge bookkeeper for a contracting company.
- Paid monthly bills via checks and wires.
- Ordered monthly office supplies.
- Calculated weekly payroll for ten employees.
- Deposited AR checks weekly across different bank accounts.
- Generated basic Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet reports.
- Coordinated complex logistics to move heavy equipment between locations.
- Scheduled business meetings and maintained the corporate calendar.
ü Decision making
ü Cross-functional collaboration
ü Team building
ü Motivation & support
ü Hosting meetings
ü Problem solving
ü Adaptability and flexibility
ü Interpersonal skills
ü Respect and support
ü Active listening
ü Public speaking
ü Decision making
ü Logical & critical thinking
ü Prioritize and follow through
ü Attention to detail
ü Effective communication
ü Creative and conceptual
Master of Business Administration
Bachelor of Science - Accounting
NJ City University
Loeb - Management & Leadership
State of New Jersey
Contracts & Negotiations
References furnished upon request