Strategy Consultant Resume
LOG IN OR REGISTER TO CONTACT ME
This button will open the login/register page in a new tab. After logging in, come back to this page and refresh your browser.
A collaborative Business Administration professional, with a unique combination of operational know-how, financial acumen, technical savvy, and employee engagement. Accomplished in aligning organizational activities with strategic objectives to enhance bottom-line results. Demonstrated experience identifying client requirements and leading the implementation of process & system efficiencies that improve productivity, ensure compliance, and promote interdepartmental synergies.
- Business Consulting •Legal Operations • Organizational Strategy
- Team Building •Employee Onboarding • Training/Mentorship
- Strategic Project Planning • Project Oversight • Process Improvement
- Database Administration •User Testing & Acceptance • Client Strategy
ORION CONSULTING - Milton, ON -Present
Founder and Principal Consultant
- Liaise with clients, analyse their requirements, and offer a range of objective business consulting solutions regarding operations & data management, client relations, and communications.
- Leverage principal’s knowledge and experience solving business problems leading complex strategic initiatives, some of which have involved streamlining business processes and change management.
- Collaborate with other independent consultants to grow our professional network and develop new business leads.
FASKEN LLP - Toronto, ON to
Positions Held: Operations Manager, eBilling/Finance Team Lead, Credit and Collections
- Managed a portfolio of over accounts and approximately $M in monthly billings, navigating between an internal ERP and more than various cloud-based systems. Ensured practice management rules related to legal billing protocols were adhered to as outlined by the Law Society of Ontario. Ensured SLAs were established and adhered to by enforcing internal oversight controls. Directed staff on payment cash applications. Managed Accounts Payables functions for cloud service subscriptions; performed account reconciliations and supported the full-cycle accounting process. Communicated and collaborated with Fortune companies and senior law partners regarding client account and billing matters.
- Crafted job descriptions for eBilling coordinators, and successfully hired and trained team members, who carried out the firm’s electronic full-cycle invoicing functions, including posting invoices and responding to clients’ post-submission inquiries regarding outstanding and disputed invoices.
- Administered staff performance reviews, approved vacation and managed the distribution of workload for a team of direct reports and more than indirect reports, including billing and collections coordinators.
- Developed and delivered customized global training, including regulatory compliance to + lawyers and new administrative hires in the Johannesburg, United Kingdom and Canadian offices which resulted in more timely and streamlined delivery of clients’ legal accounting reports and statistics.
- Led the research, implementation and management of a rd party billing software platform which resulted in a more rapid and accurate bill submission and tracking process, quicker payment delivery and more effective legal data management and onboarding processes for new clients.
- Managed outstanding accounts for approximately lawyers and provided leadership for a team of collections specialists. Liaised with Financial Analysts in preparing month-end AFDA reports and portfolio performance assessments for presentation to the CFO and Finance Oversight Committee. Identified and recommended process improvements in data analysis of daily outstanding receivables reports.
ROBERT HALF FINANCE & ACCOUNTING - Mississauga, ON
Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Marketed specialist roles to local companies in industries such as real estate, construction, and manufacturing throughout the Greater Toronto Area.
- Recruited, coached and successfully placed numerous highly skilled accounting and finance professionals in operations roles including Cost Accountant, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Financial Analyst.
CLEARY GOTTLIEB STEEN & HAMILTON LLP - New York, NY to
Billing Paralegal & Bankruptcy Specialist
- Prepared monthly and flat fee narrative bills for approximately senior lawyers and addressed client account inquiries from corporate and private clients.
- Compiled monthly and quarterly summary sheets and exhibits, for fee application filings in Bankruptcy Court.
SPRINGER PUBLISHING COMPANY - New York, NY to
Executive Assistant to the Director of Marketing Communications
- Assisted the Marketing Manager with all pricing, advertising and distribution duties and managed their daily schedule.
- Inspected layouts for printed promotional materials; conferred with product managers and vendors regarding shipments of materials to promotional events.
Education & Professional Development
Candidate, Master of Business Administration (MBA), Finance
ISENBERG SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT - UMass Amherst, MA
Bachelor of Arts, Economics and English Literature
UNIVERSITY: MOUNT HOLYOKE COLLEGE - South Hadley, MA
Certificate in Human Resource Management (CHRM)
ADVANCED LEARNING: SHERIDAN COLLEGE - Oakville, ON
Leadership Training for Managers
DALE CARNEGIE TRAINING - Toronto, ON
Technology & System Proficiency
- Advanced User - Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook,
- Company Administrator - Accounting & eCommerce software
- Expert User - Cloud Business Solutions, Legal CRM Products:
- Proficiencies - Adobe Acrobat products,Business Infoview reporting software, Slate, QuickBooks