Driven to Succeed Buyer/Planner Resume
LOG IN OR REGISTER TO CONTACT ME
This button will open the login/register page in a new tab. After logging in, come back to this page and refresh your browser.
C. Reading, PA
Buyer, Beauty October – June
Associate Buyer, Cosmetics/Treatment March – September
- Managed financial/promotional planning, monthly order flow, merchandise allocations, and seasonal advertising for all Cosmetic/Treatment departments representing a cumulative $ million annually.
- Improved performance and overall turn of open-sell “Indulge Shop” items with carefully timed promotions and detailed monitoring of stock at the sku level, while maintaining open to buy for opportunities in developing trends.
- Maintained and improved upon vendor partnerships by keeping open flow of communication to identify opportunities for growth and addressed concerns as they arose.
- Partnered with vendor e-commerce teams to maintain product attributes and developed promotions mirroring brick and mortar activity. Negotiated additional online exclusive promotions to increase e-commerce sales volume and solidify # rank against brick and mortar stores.
- Maintained excellent working relationships through direct communication with Department Managers and individual Counter Managers to understand intricacies of each store’s business, offered support and motivation, and addressed stock concerns as needed.
Assistant Buyer, Cosmetics/Treatment August – March
- Held direct responsibility for financial/promotional planning, preparing seasonal advertising, managing monthly order flow and merchandise allocations for largest cosmetic account representing $ million annually.
- Stepped in temporarily to manage all cosmetic brands for months while Buyer was on maternity leave in .
- Developed a new item-driven “Indulge” Shop, focused on offering key products in trending categories at competitive price-points while maintaining higher margins to increase department profitability. Negotiated promotional activity and advertising dollars to drive sales.
- Monitored all holiday set selling and seasonal gift with purchase usage. Managed additional allocations to stores to improve total sell through percentages and overall gift promotion performance.
- Developed private label nail polish line with competitive pricing and seasonal color updates.
- Partnered with Buyer on merchandise allocations, stock to sales, financial plans, development of potential and current vendor partnerships, and seasonal planning of promotional and advertising strategies by brand.
- Analyzed item/category sales performance and trends for all cosmetic/treatment brands within department stores and the e-commerce order fulfillment center. Responsible for the management and execution of monthly damages by store, creation of store event directives, submission and proofing of advertising, and planning for new store openings including: ordering merchandise/testers/displays, organizing training, floor plans, advertising, and assisting in-store leading up to and during opening.
- Maintained e-commerce product attributes and promotions for each cosmetic brand to mirror brick and mortar activity in an effort to increase sales volume to # rank.
Personal Contributions: Designed loyalty card program test in select doors. Designed the logo for private label nail lacquer line. Partnered with Director of Stores and Cosmetics Merchandise Manager to develop in-store email clientele program procedures and monitored monthly activity. Developed and maintained a concise an informative seasonal promotional calendar inclusive of all activity for each cosmetic brand.
Diebolt Landscape Co., Inc., Mohnton, PA
Administrative Assistant Summers and
- Costed out jobs and created invoices, processed weekly payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, typed contracts, reconciled bank statements and petty cash, compared pricing, located and ordered landscaping material, designed flyers and advertisement layouts, ordered office supplies, filed forms, answered multiple telephone lines, scheduled irrigation repairs.
Personal Contributions: Designed new office building layout and blueprints, created forms and document registrants for company president’s volunteer organizations, and assisted with various responsibilities for local tax collector/company vice president.
SUNY College at Brockport September – May
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Major: Fine Art; concentration: Painting, Minor: Art History, graduated with High Honors