Print/Digital Production Specialist Resume
LOG IN OR REGISTER TO CONTACT ME
This button will open the login/register page in a new tab. After logging in, come back to this page and refresh your browser.
- Seasoned professional with years of experience in digital and print production and management.
- Efficient organizer with experience creating schedules, developing and tracking workflows, and managing traffic through a department.
- Effective collaborator who enjoys contributing to a team.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, Google Docs and Sheets, Microsoft Office, and similar software, as well as project management tools such as Wrike and Trello.
- Solid foundation in HTML and CSS.
- Experience using CMS platforms such as Drupal, and email marketing tools such as MailChimp and ActOn.
Print/Digital Production Specialist
Freelance, January to Present
I provide creative services such as graphic design, page layout, print and digital production, image processing, and project management.
Managing Editor of ;login: the USENIX Magazine
January to January
Manage editorial and production of ;login: the USENIX Association's quarterly technical journal.
- Plan the editorial/production schedule for each issue.
- Manage a team of editorial and production contractors.
- Import raw markdown text files into Microsoft Word, copy-edit and format, and import into InDesign.
- Choose or create cover art and design cover.
- Create page layout templates, including style sheets for paragraph, character, object, and table styles.
- Process images and graphics provided by authors.
- Review and adjust layouts provided by contract layout artist.
- Create page map and determine house ad content.
- Design and produce house ads.
- Implement page proof changes from authors and proofreaders.
- Preflight final files and send to printer with print order and instructions.
- Review proofs from printer.
- Create PDFs for posting on the USENIX website.
- Create HTML digital issue.
Senior Production Specialist and ;login: Managing Editor
The USENIX Association, Berkeley, CA.
May to January
USENIX, the Advanced Computing Systems Association, is a non-profit that organizes conferences for computer researchers and industry professionals and publishes open access research.
- Created and maintained production schedules, established and refined work flows, and contributed web and print production expertise to the Production, Conference, and Communications teams.
- Researched and contracted with outside vendors for editorial, web, and print services.
- Built and updated web pages with content provided by conference program chairs, paper authors, and staff. Edited and proofed all content prior to posting.
- Created web banners and other graphics for web pages and social media.
- Produced and processed images and created and maintained extensive image libraries.
- Created, proofed, and performed preflight checks on print materials such as event signage, conference guides, conference proceedings, and marketing brochures and other collateral.
- Created presentations for conference program chairs.
- Managing Editor of ;login:, the quarterly journal published by USENIX.
Production Coordinator, XML Team
Zinio LLC, San Francisco, CA.
April to May
Zinio produces and distributes digital format magazines on a variety of platforms, including desktop computers and an ever-expanding range of mobile devices.
- Responsibilities included obtaining, posting, reviewing, and troubleshooting XML content for all platforms.
- Managed traffic through the XML production department.
- Coordinated with the production, development, customer service, sales, and marketing teams, managed vendors, and worked with publishers to ensure that their supplied XML files met the required specifications.
- Worked with the customer support team to troubleshoot problems reported by publishers and customers.
Print and Web Production Specialist
Freelance, April to April
As an independent contractor, I worked with a variety of design agency clients.
- Created layouts from design specifications, produced several rounds of galleys, and implemented client changes.
- Produced clean, accurate files and performed preflight checks.
- Processed images and maintained image libraries.
- Attended press checks.
Print Production and Prepress Manager
IDG Entertainment, San Francisco, CA.
November to April
IDG Entertainment was a large media company that published GamePro magazine, GameStar magazine, and Star Wars Insider.
- Managed the day-to-day production of monthly and bi-monthly issues of several -color magazines, as well as various custom publishing projects, in-house marketing projects, and internal collateral.
- Accomplishments included bringing our prepress operation in-house, providing shorter lead times for our advertisers and cutting our annual prepress expenses by %.
- Recommended and implemented our migration from Quark XPress to Adobe InDesign, and trained the staff to utilize InDesign’s features to their best advantage.
- Implemented an efficient cross-platform workflow for the Creative and Editorial departments.
Area VII Shetland & Miniature Horse Association, Galt, CA
Event management, social media, graphic design, print production, website creation and management. www.areaviiclub.com
Metropolitan Horsemen’s Association, Oakland, CA
Event management, graphic design, print production, website creation and management. www.mhaoakland.org
Bay Area Women in Publishing
Better Together Association of Independent Workers
Bachelor of Arts, English Literature, University of California, Berkeley, CA