Experienced Healthcare Operations Leader Resume
LOG IN OR REGISTER TO CONTACT ME
This button will open the login/register page in a new tab. After logging in, come back to this page and refresh your browser.
Results-driven professional with career-long record of healthcare operations, operations and process improvement, and operations management success for leading organizations
Proven talent for aligning business strategy and objectives with established goal management and medical operations coordination paradigms to achieve maximum operational impacts with minimum resource expenditures. Detail-focused thought leader with expertise spanning operations optimization, performance assessment, relationship management, cross-functional team leadership and participation, strategic planning, EMR and IT data management and analysis, decision-making, patient satisfaction and customer service, revenue cycle management, physician compensation, P&L management, operational development, and PMBOK project management. Exceptionally dedicated professional with keen interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills, as well as solutions development, EPIC Physician Superuser, data science, and process and procedure implementation expertise.
Brookdale Home Health, Dublin, Ohio, February to Present
HOME HEALTH COORDINATOR
- Establish and nurture effective rapport with physicians, office staff, discharge planners and other referral sources.
- Play a key role by participating in external marketing, including building relationships with referral sources, supporting marketing functions sponsored by the communities to engage in community networking, conducting physician visits, and meeting with discharge planners as needed.
- Oversee community home health program development.
- Closely collaborate with the senior director, national sales & marketing, and director of home health professional development to evaluate and assess the needs of the program and develop a marketing plan of action with quarterly goals.
- Execute the integration of efforts with community marketing team to ensure efforts are coordinated and in line with the community’s goals.
- Search for, identify, and take advantage of new markets in the community to promote education.
- Engage and participate extensively in the planning for expansion of patient referrals.
- Chart the development and delivery of health educational services.
- Attend and participate in weekly case conferences and dispense feedback/reports on patient’s progress.
- Serve as liaison to physician to report patient’s progress toward goals, response to treatment, or updated treatment plans.
- Partner and communicate with hospital planners to ensure smooth transition from hospital to home.
- Pilot the creation and presentation of business plans to target physicians, assisted living facilities, and other key referral sources.
US Medical Management, Visiting Physicians Association, Columbus, Ohio, December to November
AREA DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS, April to November
- Administered the operations of offices across southern Ohio and Indiana.
- Supervised and directed reports including physicians and practice managers.
- Developed an understanding of and administered ACO partnerships and payment structure.
- Directed the development and conducted training and quality projects for nationwide roll out.
- Charted the development and leadership of bi-annual leadership summits for practice managers.
- Executed the strategic development of individual offices for growth and retention.
PRACTICE MANAGER, December to April
- Received a promotion from within for the Area Director position.
- Monitored and directed all operations for the Columbus, Ohio site.
Genesis Healthcare System/Genesis Medical Group, Zanesville, Ohio, January to July
REGIONAL PRACTICE ADMINISTRATOR
- Served in a director level position, overseeing the regional management of the hospital, pulmonary/critical care, emergency, and trauma services practices.
- Conducted inpatient and ambulatory service management.
- Administered more than physicians and APP providers.
- Provided coaching to and monitored the operations of practice administrators.
- Implemented changes that led to a reduction in vacancies in ED and trauma department.
- Handled the development of the monthly budget and practice metrics monitoring report.
- Performed analysis into the volume statistics of hospitalists and pulmonary/CC groups for practice model evaluation.
- Closely collaborated with both contracted and employed physicians.
- Ensured the consistent surpassing of budgeted revenue in ED and trauma services.
- Led the implementation of new contract and bonus structure for ED physicians to retain providers.
- Navigated the negotiation of practice scorecard metrics with hospitalists and pulmonary/CC practice medical directors.
- Charted the development of job descriptions for Hospitalist APP.
- Organized and conducted GRIP sessions (Lean Six methodology) for process improvement in practices.
- Played a vital role by participating in hospitalist executive committee development and meetings.
Battelle (Formally Healthcare Colloquium), Columbus, Ohio, September to December
MEMBER SERVICE DIRECTOR
- Served in the heart failure accreditation department.
- Supervised and directed staff in developing and organizing process for tracking and administering accreditation with chief strategy officer, with an emphasis on continuous process improvement.
- Oversaw marketing to new candidates for accreditation and administered the management of select clients.
- Administered more than sites through to accreditation.
- Company was purchased by Battelle and this part of the business was ended.
Sound Physicians (Formally Cogent Healthcare), OSU East Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, December to September
- Administered a large and busy practice of physicians, NP/PAs, and office staff. Average census was to , with a variety of ICU, orthopedic, and medical/surgical adult patients.
- Oversaw and established contract renewal.
- Led the improvement of culture and standards to reduce turnover from % to %.
- Efforts led to increased patient satisfaction for all of Q to over th
- Handled and acted on ICU concerns and code blue feedback to implement clinical development courses.
- Conducted the marketing of services to the community to grow pre-admission testing facility by %.
- Provided direction to and monitored NPs/PAs/RNs, and administrative staff.
- Executed annual work plan reviews and dispensed subject matter expertise.
- Served as a billing platform Superuser.
- Operated in a key capacity in and directed national committees for Cogent.
- Cooperated with the regional director of operations to develop annual budgets, monitor P&L, certify optimal performance, and track quality metrics.
- Charted the development and maintenance of the budget for the site at $. million total revenue.
- Achieved success in increasing the contribution margin to the company by % annually.
- Closely collaborated with hospital administration and departments to increase payor mix and retain commercial patients.
- Performed reviews into quality, payor mix, and performance metrics on a quarterly basis with Cogent and hospital administration.
- Successfully implemented changes to scheduling, work distribution, and staffing to budget changes.
- Evaluated and identified impact of proposed changes and improvements prior to implementations.
- Navigated the implementation of interdisciplinary rounds.
- Oversaw quality and productivity mapping and tracking.
- Handled the changing of the quality bonus structure to be more beneficial for the hospital and group.
- Organized, facilitated, and conducted interviews with physician candidates.
Education and Credentials
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), -
Ashland University, Ashland, Ohio
Completed semesters: Marketing Management, Finance, Operational Management, Operational Development
Electives completed: International Business
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Education,
The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- IBM Data Science Professional Certificate –
- Certified Associate in Project Management Eligible -
- OHA Annual Conference -
- SHM Annual Conference -
- Member: Society of Hospitalist Medicine – to
Technical Proficiencies: Windows Office Suite, Powerpoint, Excel, Tableau, EPIC, Homecare Homebase, Python, SQL
Interests: Writing and literature, Soccer, Baseball, Trivia