Publishing Communications Specialist Resume
LOG IN OR REGISTER TO CONTACT ME
This button will open the login/register page in a new tab. After logging in, come back to this page and refresh your browser.
Self-motivated, expert publishing professional with years of educational publishing experience and accomplished skills in content development, editing, communications, marketing, public relations, advertising, and production.
Editorial, written, & verbal
Project & time management/scheduling
Market research & competitive analysis
Research & documentation
Cost estimating & budget management
Troubleshooting & creative problem solving
Freelance Editor, Writer, Content Developer, –Present
Management and Network Services, LLC, –
- Developed marketing materials, sales sheets, and advertising.
- Wrote and designed all internal and external company literature, presentations, and training materials.
- Wrote press releases and utilized public relations distribution channels to increase visibility of company service offerings.
- Compiled comprehensive competitive analyses to inform Business Development of the competitive landscape in the managed care market.
- Creatively worked within a limited budget and resources.
McGraw-Hill Education, –
Senior Editor/Academic Designer
- Managed metrics and performance standards to ensure revenue and in-stock targets were met for products and programs assigned to me.
- Worked with technology vendors to determine all possible innovative aspects of digital program materials as well as delivery schedules and variables.
- Conducted marketing research to compile competitive analysis and further determine market needs and wants regarding online education programs and products.
- Vetted and hired subject matter experts to arrange for professional review of program content.
Development Editor, –
- Supervised a staff of four assistant and associate development editors.
- Worked with Editorial Director and Marketing Manager to implement market research strategies.
- Researched and analyzed targeted competition to determine competitive environment with regard to print and digital content.
- Evaluated manuscript content for effectiveness of organization, pedagogy, learning level, length, art, design, use of technology and competitiveness in the market. Provided direction to authors.
- Ensured that all projects adhered to budgets, schedules, internal quality standards, and specs.
Production Editor, –
- Coordinated the production of approximately – one-, two-, and four-color college textbooks from manuscript to bound book per copyright year.
- Managed all aspects of manuscript production including copyediting, proofreading, art creation, photo acquisition, design, permissions, media components, companion websites, author relations, vendor liaisons, and related tracking.
The Ohio State University
Associate Editor, American Political Science Review
- Acted as publisher of scholarly political science journal. Coordinated the work of in-house staff members, journal contributors, and vendors to produce a high quality and well-respected academic journal.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Certificate, Marketing Research & Strategy, Cornell University
Master of Arts, Journalism, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
Bachelor of Arts, English, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware