Company: Valley Water
Salary: $106,662.40 - $136,614.40 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 01720-E
Location: CA, CA
Department: Watersheds Operations and Maintenance
Closing: 12/12/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
This Senior Maintenance Worker (SMW) will be responsible for leading, overseeing, and participating in a variety of complex and difficult maintenance/construction duties within an assigned watershed field unit. This individual will assist in scheduling and training staff, ensure adherence to safe work practices and Valley Water standards, and perform a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned areas of responsibility. Watersheds maintenance projects include minor maintenance activities such as fence repair, debris removal, and in-channel obstruction removal. Our stream maintenance projects include bank repairs, erosion repairs, levee repairs, and sediment removal projects often requiring dewatering bypass installations. Additionally, the SMW position is responsible for completing accurate project documentation.
In person interviews will be held on Thursday, December 21, 2023.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Ideal Candidate's Background Includes:
Applicants whose experience and background best match the ideal experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and education are considered ideal candidates for the position. To determine the top candidates, each applicant will be assessed based on the ideal candidate criteria as listed below.
Ideal Skills and Abilities:
Ideal Training and Education:
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade ideally supplemented by training in the following areas:
Required License or Certificate
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver's license. Individuals who do not meet the driver's license requirement due to a disability will be considered for a reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Must have a satisfactory driving record and possess a valid Class B California driver's license and required air brake endorsements.
Class A license with airbrakes and tanker endorsement is preferred.
To review the Classification Specification, please click >here >(Download PDF reader)
Watershed Field Operations Unit (Position Code 816)
COVID- 9 vaccination requirement:
*To protect our most valuable assets, our employees, as well as the communities we serve, Valley Water requires all newly hired Valley Water personnel to be fully vaccinated (for COVID-19) or to be formally excused from the requirement through the **reasonable accommodation process (for details, see bottom of job posting)
Valley Water Telework Program: Eligibility for telework will depend on the type of work performed, operational needs, and the ability for the employee to perform the essential functions of their job duties while teleworking. Employment with Valley Water requires employees to live within 150 miles of their primary physical work location located in San Jose, California by their start date.
This position requires the individual to be onsite and is typically not a teleworking position.
(1) The selection process may include one or more of the following: application review, application assessment, performance exercise, written exercise and/or interview.
(2) The Employment Application, Qualifying Information Questions and/or Supplemental Questions will be evaluated based on the ideal candidate criteria listed above. Resumes are highly recommended.
NOTE: Position and start date is subject to availability of funds. Valley Water retains the right to repost this position as deemed necessary.
Consideration may be given to existing applicant pools within the same classification.Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement:
* Fully vaccinated means (1) it has been at least two weeks since a person has completed the entire recommended series of a COVID-19 vaccine, and (2) the person has provided proof of vaccination in a form consistent with the requirements for verification of vaccine status in the State of California's July 26, 2021, Public Health Officer Order.
**Limited Exemptions to Vaccination Requirement
An individual who has been provided a job offer may request a reasonable accommodation to the vaccination requirement if they:
1. Have a contraindication recognized by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or by the vaccine's manufacturer to every approved COVID-19 vaccine. A contraindication means a condition that makes vaccination inadvisable;
2. Have a disability and are requesting an exception as a reasonable accommodation based upon this disability; or,
3. Object to COVID-19 vaccination based on their sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
Valley Water's Equal Opportunity Non-Discrimination Policy is available for review upon request.
Valley Water will make reasonable efforts in the examination process to accommodate persons with disabilities. Please advise Human Resources in advance of any special needs by calling 408-630-2260.
Please be aware that once submitted all application materials become the property of Valley Water and will not be returned. Human Resources staff are not authorized to make copies of application materials for applicants.
To apply, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/scvwd/jobs/4294239/senior-maintenance-worker
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job is currently active.