Production Manager - Dart Container - Ada, OK - Ada, OK
Apply On Employer's Website
Company: Dart Container - Ada, OK
Please apply directly at https://bit.ly/3QOyAhn
Manages production for multiple shifts spanning multiple technologies and processes, with a focus on meeting Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for safety, quality, production, efficiency, and service.
- Direct production, working with supervisors to schedule product priorities, equipment, workstations and staff to efficiently meet production goals
- Manage and promote practices and processes intended to provide safe products that comply with appropriate laws and regulations, meet the company quality standards, and serve the needs of our customers
- Recommend, develop and lead continuous improvement initiatives
- Take ownership and demonstrate leadership necessary to achieve goals specific to Safety, Quality, Service, Efficiency and Employee Development
- Monitor KPI’s anticipating and correcting trends which would compromise achievement of targets
- Facilitate regular improvement planning sessions to identify key strategic opportunities to achieve manufacturing strategic goals and develop related action plans with measurable outcomes.
- Support and reinforce the effective application of the Daily Management System to validate that actions lead to desired performance improvements.
- Lead by example to promote and encourage employees to strongly commit to safety and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Understand, support and follow management expectations in alignment with company values
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal Production Manager candidate must possess all of the following:
- Bachelor's Degree with five (5) years of manufacturing operations management or leadership assignments demonstrating a progression of increased scope and responsibility
- Five (5) years of supervisory experience a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, cost analysis and budgeting, people management, and leadership guidance
- Displays strong interpersonal skills and is accessible and approachable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary in order to persuade and influence decision making of individuals, groups, or work teams
- Ability to utilize business sense and creativity to develop new ideas, approaches and solutions
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Experience using Microsoft Office, including the ability to create basic reports, documents, presentations and spreadsheets in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
Preferred Skills and Qualifications for Production Manager:
- Experience managing multi-shift or continuous operations
- Paper converting, chemical/plastics processing and packaging industrial experience
- Lean manufacturing experience
This job is currently active.