Company: The Pasha Group
The Licensed Hawaii State Vehicle Safety Inspector/Operations Associate supports a variety of storage operations, projects and client service functions including performing HI State Safety Inspections, receiving and surveying client vehicles and equipment, completion of maintenance and related tasks during storage, movement and staging of vehicles and equipment, completion of required documentation, and client support.
• Complete Hawaii State Safety Inspections on all motor vehicles, including Commercial, Military or Privately Owned, according to the laws and regulations of the state of Hawaii.
• Receive, survey, and reposition vehicles and equipment in accordance with internal processes and client and contract requirements.
• Move and stage commercial customer cargo.
• Complete and document assigned maintenance and related tasks.
• Complete all necessary documentation accurately and thoroughly within required timeframes.
• Perform customer service and office support tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Document results of Motor Vehicle Safety Inspections and issue inspection certificates as required by state law.
• Inspect and inventory all inbound/outbound GSA and other storage vehicles and equipment for condition and content, on the Vehicle Inspection and Shipping Form.
• Follow all procedures dictated by corporate policy, client requirements and Storage Agreements and other contracts.
• Provide excellent customer service and support to customers and designated representatives.
• Operate client and company vehicles and equipment in a safe and thoughtful manner to minimize personal, vehicle, and facility injury /damage while in our custody and care.
• Reposition vehicles and equipment within and between sites as directed.
• Park and stage vehicles and equipment in the Barbers Point facility in appropriately designated areas to allow safe and proper identification of all vehicles.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area.
• Complete assigned tasks to ensure ongoing maintenance of site grounds, office trailers and structures.
• Support managers in completion of projects and initiatives and assist in training exercises.
• Perform data entry, inventory tracking and reporting, telephone communication, and e-mail correspondence as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or equivalent
Required Licenses and Certifications
• Valid License or Certification from the state of Hawaii to complete Hawaii State Safety Inspections on all motor vehicles, including Commercial, Military, or Privately Owned, according to the laws and regulation of the state of Hawaii
• Valid state issued driver’s license and acceptable driving record
• Transportation Worker Identity Credential (TWIC) card
Required Work Experience
• 2+ years’ experience as an automotive mechanic
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to drive automatic and manual transmission vehicles and equipment safely.
• Ability to operate a forklift in a safe and proficient manner.
• Self-motivated and able to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
• Good customer service and phone skills.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Ability to demonstrate accountability and reliability.
• Proficient in the use of computer terminals and handheld computerized devices.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products at the following levels:
Word, Excel, Outlook: Basic level of skill
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT, AND TRAVEL
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hear and speak with sufficient clarity to understand and engage in information exchange; hear and understand verbal instructions; give and receive information verbally in person or via communication device - Often
Walk/travel within office, terminal, and port environment; crouch/bend to access floor-level areas; climb stairs, ladders, and access hatches - Often
Use hands/fingers to operate equipment, manipulate documents and small objects, type/complete data input, write - Often
Reach with hands, arms; lift, move, and manipulate objects weighing up to 50 pounds - Regularly
Sight sufficient to read instructions, documents, and screen-based information - Often
This role requires work that may involve the following environmental conditions:
• Outdoor/open environments which may involve high/low temperatures, humidity and inclement weather conditions.
• Warehouse and storage facilities that may have both paved and unpaved acreage with a variety of structures.
• Warehouse office environment
Delivers Results Rigorously drives self and others to achieve high levels of individual and organization performance.
Focuses on the Customer & Market Continuously evaluates what is important to the customer/client and develops products or solutions that exceed expectations.
Makes Sound Business Decisions Makes timely and well-informed decisions that advance critical priorities, capitalize on new opportunities, and resolve problems.
Practices our Values Supports and models The Pasha Way; conduct reflects Excellence, Honesty, Integrity, Innovation and Teamwork.
Driving Record Review
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
The Pasha Group is an EOE/AA Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/and other Protected Categories.
The information included in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive or exhaustive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The applicable salary range is aligned to one of 5 zones according to a cost of labor index for the geographic location of the role. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include related experience, education and training, location, business needs, or market demands. The expected salary range for this role is set forth below. Ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone 3: $24.00 - $28.00
This job is currently active.