Supervises maintenance operations, with a focus on and meeting Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) forsafety, quality,production,efficiency,and service. While performing the supervisory duties listed below, the supervisor is required to spend 75% of time on the floor. Responsible for the overall upkeep of production equipment and machines by scheduling and execution of preventive, predictive, and reactive maintenance.
- Supervise and promote practices and processes intended to provide safe products that comply with appropriate laws and regulations, meet the company quality standards, and serve the needs of our customers.
- Take ownership and demonstrate leadership necessary to achieve goals specific to Safety, Quality, Service, Efficiency and Employee Development.
- Lead by example to promote and encourage employees to strongly commit to safety and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Supervise teams responsible for maintenance of production equipment and machines
- Plan, develop, and implement new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs and influence greater utilization of labor and equipment
- Ensure that maintenance work execution is compliant with statutory regulations
- Develop and implement a comprehensive preventive maintenance program to improve machinery performance (i.e. uptime, reliability and efficiency)
- Oversee the execution of preventive, predictive, and autonomous maintenance plans, and hold team accountable for adhering to the proper work standards related to precision maintenance as per job plans
- Coordinate with maintenance planners and the production department to build weekly proactive maintenance schedule with detailed job plans
- Analyze production schedules and work orders to determine work priorities for repairs, maintenance and installation
- Administer and improve systems and procedures for maintenance work orders
- Develop and implement a system for the collection and maintenance of data and statistics of maintenance history and maintenance needs on production equipment
- Solicit assistance from other departments and management as necessary to achieve goals and targets
- Utilize computer applications to maintain data and run reports
- Track Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), anticipating and correcting trends which would compromise achievement of targets.
- Audit the floor as required by Leader Standard Work, monitor metrics, verify adherence to procedures/ standard work and correct deficiencies as necessary.
- Participate in root-cause analysis for repetitive damage and failure rates, work with other groups in proactively resolving equipment issues
- Understand, support and follow management expectations in alignment with company values.
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
- Two (2) years supervisory experience required with demonstrated strong leadership and management skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three (3) years of experience in maintenance and reliability
- Displays strong interpersonal skills and is accessible and approachable
- Experience in mechanical and electrical machine maintenance, which may include automation, robotics and controls
- Familiar with the use of hand tools
- Experienced in reading and interpreting schematics, blueprints, and electrical drawings
- Ability to utilize and train employees on technology, processes and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written skills necessary in order to communicate intricate job-related processes
- Experience using Microsoft Office, including the ability to create reports, documents, presentations and spreadsheets in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Previous plant production software experience required, SAP experience preferred
- Ability to perform root cause analysis, compare and investigate information, and recommend and implement resolution
- Proven analytical problem solver
- Demonstration of minimum proficiency with the English language in order to ensure effective new hire training and on-going communications about safety and quality issues
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Associate or Bachelor degree