Warehouse Manager - Dart Container Corp - Leola, PA
Apply On Employer's Website
Company: Dart Container Corp
Join Dart Container in Leola, PA as a member of our leadership team!
Are you looking for a company that offers great pay, career growth and the opportunity to work in a team environment?
Dart has been family owned and operated for more than 60 years with a foundation built on honesty, teamwork and respect. We’ve created a workplace where people who share our values can find success. And because we know most people want more out of their jobs than just a paycheck, we're proud of the many benefits of working at Dart, including:
- A culture focused on safety
- Comprehensive benefit package, including health, dental, vision, Flexible Spending Account, 401K and wellness incentives
- Team members who will help you learn and support you throughout your Dart career
- A relaxed dress code so you’ll feel comfortable (but safe) while working
- Tuition reimbursement
- Opportunities for advancement
It only takes one application to be considered. See below for details and apply today!
Manage a large continuous warehouse operation with a focus on and meeting Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for safety, quality, production, efficiency, and service. Collaborate with manufacturing leadership, supply chain teams and others to optimize warehouse operations.
- Manage and promote practices and processes intended to provide safe products that comply with appropriate laws and regulations, meet the company quality standards, and serve the needs of our customers.
- Take ownership and demonstrate leadership necessary to achieve goals specific to Safety, Quality, Service, Efficiency and Employee Development.
- Lead by example to promote and encourage employees to strongly commit to safety and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Manage inbound and outbound shipping and receiving operations through a team of Warehouse Supervisors
- Manage internal and customer escalations
- Drive efficiency and effectiveness in costs, inventory, operations, on-time deliveries, and space management
- Evaluate, develop, recommend and implement best practices in warehouse management design
- Train employees on SAP systems and procedures relating to warehouse management
- Develop and monitor warehouse operating budgets in accordance with company guidelines
- Track Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), anticipating and correcting trends which would compromise achievement of targets
- Develop and communicate team goals, processes and procedures
- Solicit assistance from other departments and management as necessary to achieve goals and targets
- Utilize computer applications to maintain data and run reports
- Audit the floor as required by Leader Standard Work, monitor metrics, verify adherence to procedures/ standard work and correct deficiencies as necessary.
- Actively support Operational Excellence and effectively participate in lean initiatives
- Understand, support and follow management expectations in alignment with company values
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
- Associate’s Degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain or related field with two (2) years of warehouse operations experience, OR
- High school diploma or equivalent with four (4) years of warehouse operations experience, AND Three (3) years’ supervisory experience required with strong leadership and management skills in a high-volume warehouse or warehouse center
- Experience managing multi-shift or continuous operations
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, cost analysis and budgeting, people management, and leadership guidance
- Displays strong interpersonal skills and is accessible and approachable
- Excellent verbal and written skills necessary in order to communicate intricate job-related processes
- Experience using Microsoft Office, including the ability to create reports, documents, presentations and spreadsheets in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Advanced knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Ability to perform root cause analysis, compare and investigate information, and recommend and implement resolution
- Ability to utilize and train employees on technology, processes and procedures
- Ability to effectively manage and execute multiple tasks, projects and priorities
- Demonstration of minimum proficiency with the English language in order to ensure effective new hire training and on-going communications about safety and quality issues
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Prior training experience
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Paper converting, chemical/plastics processing and packaging industrial experience
This job is currently active.