Industrial Mechanic - United States Steel - Gary, IN
Apply On Employer's Website
Company: United States Steel
U. S. Steel is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace culture and celebrate the diversity of our employees. The Industrial Mechanical job is a core component for our maintenance force and requires a trained and experienced individual to contribute to our success as one of the world’s largest steel producers. The Industrial Mechanic performs mechanical maintenance functions necessary to maintain operating and service equipment using standard and specialized tools and mobile equipment, such as pendant and overhead cranes and forklifts as required.
As a Maintenance Technician Mechanical, you will install, maintain, repair, and operate a broad range of mechanical systems and equipment in a heavy industrial environment to maintain continuous operations.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair a broad range of mechanical systems and equipment including hydraulic, pneumatic, lubrication, power transmission systems, conveyors, cranes, and mobile equipment.
- Provide assistance in operating functions as necessary.
- May be required to work at heights and/or in confined space.
- May work alone with minimal supervision or with other maintenance technicians.
- Work in various areas of the plant location is required. Dependent upon the area, environmental conditions can be hot, cold, dirty, greasy, wet, and noisy.
- Must pass assessment test(s)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year manufacturing and/or industrial experience (including relevant experience gained in military service) or equivalent education. This includes experience in any of the following: hydraulic, pneumatic, lubrication, power transmission systems, welding, pipe-fitting, structural repair, and diesel mechanic.
- The position requires you to work 8 hour rotating shifts, which will include Saturdays and Sundays, and holidays.
- The position requires overtime work as needed.
- Adherence to safety procedures/guidelines at all times.
- Safety is our core value which requires you to wear safety protection such as hard hats, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective clothing, and boots with metatarsal protection.
- The position requires punctuality, consistent attendance and self direction for the success of the operations.
This job is currently active.