Bander Operator - Packaging Corporation of America - Olive Branch, MS
Apply On Employer's Website
Company: Packaging Corporation of America
We are seeking applicants for a Bander Operator position in our Olive Branch, MS facility located at 8489 Summit Cove, Olive Branch, MS 38654
Competitive Pay & Benefits:
- Pay Rate: 20.34 per hour ($30.51 over time rate)
- Vacation earned after 90 days. 11 paid holidays.
- Excellent benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance)
- 401K program with company match.
Shift: 6AM - 2PM
10-hour shift: 5AM-3PM
- Production activities associated with running a Manual In-Line Signode Bander including setup, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations.
- Perform basic computer functions to input and retrieve information from system.
- Read factory ticket and execute customer requirement/specification for finishing units for delivery.
- Add proper dunnage to protect customer product and load tags per customer specs.
- Add special protective devices on corners or top as specified in customer instructions.
- Maintain inventories of dunnage in various sizes, tapes, load tags and stretch wrap.
- Monitor the quality of output from the machine, communicating back to supervisor any issues.
- Adhere to all safety and work rules, company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties, as needed.
- Work as part of a team in support of a manufacturing operation with a goal of increasing productivity: decreasing downtime and waste
- Follow all company safety rules and lock-out tag out procedures.
- Maintain area per 5S standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have 6 months previous experience on a production machine.
- Ability to Operate Manual In-Line Signode Bander, conveying system and stretch wrapping machine at production machine rates.
- Must be comfortable on a computer and have good computer skills to print serialized unit load tags and navigate through our Shop Floor Program computer database.
- Ability to operate all controls on Bander and In Line Conveyor system.
- Ability to select proper corrugated dunnage to protect units from strap damage.
- Ability to use proper strapping tension to protect units from damage.
- Ability to multi-task which includes time management as units index from machines to mainline conveyor system.
- Operate equipment at a pace to avoid gridlock of upstream production equipment.
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance and troubleshoot issues that may arise.
- Ability to load multiple strapping reels on machine and complete strapping reel changeovers in a timely manner to not disrupt production flow.
- Must be able to push, pull, bend and stoop and move units as needed.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Ability to work in manufacturing environment, with varying temperatures, around machinery, and heavy forklift traffic.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must be able to work closely on a day-to-day basis with other production personnel.
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Thrive in a cross-functional team environment.
- Work with a sense of urgency to reduce downtime of machines.
- Must be comfortable using a computer.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple requests simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a non-air-conditioned facility.
- Personal protective equipment – such as eye protection, hearing protection, foot protection, cut resistant gloves, or other special protective equipment – is necessary to comply with our safety requirements.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear for up to 12 hours daily.
- Ability to push, pull, bend, and stoop repetitively.
- Required to use hands and arms to reach, stack and turn with repetitive motion.
- Also required to stoop, kneel, and or crouch
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision.
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
This job is currently active.