Die Cutter Operators - Packaging Corporation of America - Olive Branch, MS
Apply On Employer's Website
Company: Packaging Corporation of America
We are seeking applicants for Die Cutter Operators - Rotary and Flatbed positions in our Olive Branch, MS facility located at 8489 Summit Cove, Olive Branch, MS 38654
Pay Rate Range: Trainee $ 19.29 / Assistant $21.37 / Operator $22.95
Shift: 1st (6AM - 2PM)
10-hour shift (5am-3pm)
Overtime is required.
Competitive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Gainsharing Bonus...
- Work as part of a team in support of a manufacturing operation with a goal of increasing productivity, decreasing downtime and waste
- Assist in Production activities including setups and changeovers by mounting cutting dies.
- Follow all company safety rules and lock-out tag-out procedures.
- Problem solve when issues arise with machine
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 6 months Die Cutter experience on a Rotary or Flatbed Die Cutter.
- Ability to interpret a cad drawing.
- Must have ability to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to assist in production activities associated with running a Rotary and/or a Flatbed Die Cutter machine. Including set-up, operation, stacking off, clean up, and recommending improvements to operations.
- Ability to conduct quality checks to ensure product meets required dimensions on cad spec with limited rejects of corrugated.
- Ability to adhere to Product Quality Specifications and Quality Standards.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and possess problem-solving skills.
- Be passionate about maintaining a safe work environment.
- Basic computer skill required.
- Ability to push, pull, bend and stoop.
- Ability to lift cutting dies that range in weight.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Possess the ability to develop the skills required to operate the machine at production rates
- Must be willing to work closely on a day-to-day basis with other production personnel
- Good communication skills
- Work with a sense of urgency to reduce downtime to improve uptime on machine.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple requests simultaneously
- Ability to share ideas with others to solve problems of essential importance
- Ability to work in a non-air-conditioned facility
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
This job is currently active.