Shipping and Receiving Manager - Marmon Link - Brooklyn Park, MN - EXPIRED
This is an archive of an expired job.
Company: Marmon Link
Manager, Shipping and Receiving Operations Exempt Position Description
Location: Brooklyn Park, MN Issue Date: APR 2023
Who are we?
At Marmon Foodservice Technologies, (Marmon Link & Marmon Renew), we maximize equipment uptime. We do this by providing replacement parts, kits, excellent customer care, technical support, and value-added services. Marmon Link is based in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota and Marmon Renew is based in Monmouth, IL. Our culture is focused on encouraging a growth mindset for all employees and reinforcing desired behaviors through our shared values: Character, Courage, Creativity and Community.
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the VP, Operations and Supply Chain, Marmon Link, this position will own the Shipping and Receiving departments at Brooklyn Park from end to end. This leader will ensure that the warehouse and manufacturing operations are safe, efficient, and a high-performance team-oriented operation. The Manager, Shipping & Receiving Operations will display a high level of leadership and build an exceptional workforce using Marmon Link Mission, Vision and Values as the primary tool. This position will oversee the creation and implementation of the strategic vision and strategic goals for warehousing in Marmon Link and Marmon Food Service generally. This role will be expected to creatively solve complex problems impacting the performance of the business and the service level to our customers. Be a leader, mentor and develop top talent in the Distribution Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Own the warehouse operations (Receiving, Shipping, inventory management). Own safety, quality, people, and efficiency.
- Partner with your Sales, COCE, HR, Finance, Data Analytics, and Safety Partners for program ideation, planning, and implementation.
- Own the Warehouse labor planner and Optimize labor share with Shipping/Receiving/Kitting. Balance work between the three orgs (and the kitting operation in Renew), prevent overstaffing situations, and ensure that backlog is maintained below thresholds.
- Lead the LEAN initiatives across the warehouse. Create a culture of LEAN, 5S, and process improvement. Drive these projects and spend time inculcating the culture of LEAN into the entire team. Examples of actions to complete are creation and improvement of the work instructions to capture further efficiency gains through the use of new processes, better staffing models, new equipment analysis, and vendor-captured efficiencies (bagging requirements, sub-kits, etc.).
- Look to identify new areas for innovation to increase production in the warehouse. Utilize Kaizens, A3’s, Daily Gemba Walks, and other tools to improve safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Build business partnerships with Marmon Link’s internal and external customers and identify opportunities to better serve the customer base.
- Be the “Go-To person” for the Warehouse of the Future for Marmon Group. Support the launching of the ERP. Work with contractors and internal owners to launch the ERP and WMS systems on time.
- Contribute to growing the business on a domestic and international level by being excellent in customer focus and service levels.
- Develop and mentor your peers, the Supervisors, and the Associates. Identify talent for additional responsibilities.
Required Qualifications, Skills/Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years’ experience OR nine years’ experience in a Fulfillment Center Environment.
- Two years’ experience leading, mentoring, and developing teams
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A sense o urgency when working with customers and logistic vendors on time sensitive issues required.
- Deep understanding and capability with LEAN, 5S, and process improvement leadership/management.
- Strong work ethic, enthusiasm, and a passion for taking care of customer’s needs.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to lead and participate in a team environment is a must.
- Ability to work independently to achieve results
- Ability to travel occasionally (not more than 20%).
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. and occasionally lift 50 lbs. with assistance from another associate
- Ability to stand, walk, push, pull, squat, bend, and reach during shifts
- Safety sensitive position
- Previous experience in a warehouse/distribution center or manufacturing environment
- Prior experience with ERP implementations a plus
- Follow established policies and procedures as outlined in Marmon Foodservice Technologies’ Quality Manual and associated documents.
- Participate in quality assurance and business improvement activities, including training and improvement projects as defined by the organization.
Working Conditions: Work is performed in a warehouse environment. The warehouse operates between the hours of 6am – 6pm. The hours for this position are based on assignment with at least 40 hours a week but may vary according to special projects, deadlines, or other concerns. Training on safety and best practices will be provided. Proper safety practices must be maintained at all times. Temperatures in the Warehouse vary from 70 degrees to 90 degrees. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions