This is an archive of an expired job.
Company: Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
We are the largest nonprofit fighting poverty, disease, and inequity around the world. Founded on a simple premise: people everywhere, regardless of identity or circumstances, should have the chance to live healthy, productive lives. We believe our employees should reflect the rich diversity of the global populations we aim to serve. We provide an exceptional benefits package to employees and their families which include comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with no premiums, generous paid time off, paid family leave, foundation-paid retirement contribution, regional holidays, and opportunities to engage in several employee communities. As a workplace, we're committed to creating an environment for you to thrive both personally and professionally.
The Global Health FP&A team is responsible for optimizing portfolios to achieve the Global Health Division's goals, engaging with partners and grantees, and analyzing grants to maximize impact.
* Portfolio Management: Optimize finite resources across portfolios to
achieve foundation goals using a fluid capital market approach to fund
* Partners and Grantees: Engage in coordinated strategic and business
analysis across funders and institutions with shared strategic objectives
and strengthen partners to improve their capacity to execute.
* Grants: Assess value for money, identify and mitigate risk, and provide
financial analysis in order to maximize grant impact.
The Global Health Finance Associate role is responsible for providing business and financial analysis support to the foundation's Program Strategy Teams (PSTs), partnering with experts in drug and vaccine science on making and managing investments. Responsibilities include assessment of grantee/vendor financial positions, evaluation, and negotiation of grant budgets, grant structuring, and continued financial monitoring of multi-year grants and organizational due diligence to review capacity and health as well as building key relationships. Other key responsibilities include financial planning and forecasting to support the team in resource prioritization decisions, as well as project work to strengthen the Global Health Division in managing financial aspects of its R&D pipeline and individual clinical programs.
Core FP&A Responsibilities
* Support annual budgeting and financial planning processes, including partnering with Program Officers and the Strategy, Planning and Management teams to translate business strategy into mid and long-range forecasts and annual plans to produce detailed, dynamic 4-year grant budgets, as well as risk assessments and scenario modeling.
* Perform financial due diligence of grantees/vendors/organizations, evaluating their positions and risks.
* Support leadership to recommend and implement grants and develop appropriate mitigating strategies to manage financial and organizational risks.
* Partner with Program Officers to provide financial and business perspectives in grant-making, in addition to cultivating strong partnerships with business teams.
* Cultivate key functional relationships.
* Provide forecast support and portfolio allocation management for assigned PSTs, including the monitoring of actuals and forecasts to budget, with risk assessment and produce variance analysis.
* Perform analysis and provide financial advice to support resource allocation and decision-making.
* Support data analyses to generate new insights on the grant portfolio, leading to improved allocation of resources.
* Structure grants to optimize cash disbursements in consideration of operational risks.
* Leverage tools and reports to plan and monitor workflow, forecast, and payout performance.
* Participate in cross-foundation projects to improve tools and practices in support of effective grant-making, pipeline management and operational excellence.
* Support the finance-related needs of the division as they arise.
* Other duties as assigned.
QualificationsYou are a creative, thoughtful, and curious professional who has an excellent track record of achievement. You should be prepared to work across a diverse set of disciplines, bridging a wide range of expertise, with a demonstrated ability to work with agility, and diplomacy in a dynamic environment. Additionally, we seek:
* Bachelor's degree with 5 years of financial planning experience, or equivalent years of relevant experience.
* Experience with finance processes, such as budgeting, forecasting, reporting, etc.
* Experience with organizational due diligence and financial statement analysis.
* Ability to interpret and understand financial statements.
* Strong analytical skills, ability to absorb and synthesize data, build quantitative financial models, and distill key insights.
* Experience in developing, maintaining, and handling dashboards and critical reports/data visualization tools.
* Strong relationship building skills with proven ability to work with diplomacy, and flexibility, particularly as part of a team.
* Ability to influence without formal authority and positively interact with staff at all levels within the organization.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and navigate multidisciplinary teams in a matrixed organization.
* Ability to work independently and proactively to manage job responsibilities.
* Technical and complex financial knowledge preferred, including international finance and capital and currency markets.
* Experience with grant and grant structuring preferred.
* Advanced Excel skills and data visualization experience preferred.
*Must be able to legally work in the country where this position is located without visa sponsorship.
**The foundation requires all employees based in the United States to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, subject to applicable laws.
The typical salary range for this role is $71,070.00 - $130,810.00 USD. The exact offer will be determined by a variety of factors such as the candidate's individual skills, qualifications, and experience relative to the requirements of the role.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Depending upon your work location, we may require proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 and any recommended booster doses. All employees based in the United States are to provide proof of full vaccination upon hire and any recommended boosters, subject to applicable laws.
If you require assistance due to a disability in the application or recruitment process, please submit a request here.
We are dedicated to the belief that all lives have equal value. We strive for a global and cultural workplace that supports ever greater diversity, equity, and inclusion - of voices, ideas, and approaches - and we support this diversity through all our employment practices.
All applicants and employees who are drawn to serve our mission will enjoy equality of opportunity and fair treatment without regard to race, color, age, religion, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and prior protected activity.
<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://gatesfoundation.contacthr.com/124454331.jpg />
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: