| |At Performance Foodservice we feed your dreams!
- Weekly pay
- Eligible for benefits day one
- On-the-job training
- Company van provided
- Be a part of the best team in the foodservice industry!
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance on day one
- Paid Time Off
- 401K with company match
- Be an owner of PFG with Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Great food and great careers – this is what Performance Food Group brings to the table. PFG is one of the largest foodservice distributors in the nation, with more than 66,000 national and private label products that we market and distribute both nationally and in 40 foreign countries. If you’re ready to set your career in motion, it all starts now with a company that really delivers!
The Service Technician is responsible for refurbishing beverage and chemical equipment, installing dish machines and offering any required support needed for the Service Manager. This position will cover Rock Island, IL and the surrounding area.
The Beverage and Chemical Equipment Service Technician will perform the following duties:
• Provide technical service of chemical and beverage systems to a broad base of customers.
• Perform repairs of customer's beverage and chemical systems within budgetary guidelines.
• Interact with customers and vendors in a friendly, timely and quality manner.
• Ensure customers' and vendors' questions are answered accurately and in a timely manner.
• Manage accounts in geographical area and provide assistance and training to such accounts.
• Maintain proper functioning of various beverage and chemical equipment.
• Install and tests various equipment.
• Assist customers and sales people determine best equipment or products for application.
• Provide face-to-face customer service in various situations.
• Drive a company provided vehicle to customer sites to assist in correcting problems.
• Prepare schedules for service or installation.
• Inform internal contacts on services provided.
• Maintain proper working order of tools and van.
• Complete written work documentation promptly.
• Train customers on proper usage and procedures pertaining to beverage and chemical equipment and products.
• Review safety procedures of chemicals and equipment with customers.
• Attend training, as required.
|Required Qualifications :|
• High School diploma or GED.
• Valid driver’s license and the ability to drive to customer locations.
• Able to maintain a high level of visual attention and mental concentration for significant periods of time.
• Able to use necessary office equipment, computer software, hardware and equipment.
• Able to perform the following physical activities: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, lifting up to 50 pounds on occasion, grasping, feeling, talking, and repetitive motions.
|Preferred Qualifications :|
|• Hands-on electrical and plumbing repair experience.|
• Beverage and/or chemical equipment repair experience.
• Customer service experience.
|Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.|