Healthcare Sales Manager - Performance Food Group - Naperville, IL
Apply On Employer's Website
Company: Performance Food Group
The Healthcare Sales Manager is responsible for supervising the activities of the sales staff assigned to their district, participates in the company’s sales plan and is accountable for the sales, profitability, and accounts receivable performance of their district. This is a hybrid position that includes work from a home office (approximately 60% of the time) as well as travel throughout the Midwest (40% of the time), including some overnight travel.
The position will perform the following duties:
- Supervises associates to include, but not limited to: staffing, training, coaching, performance management and problem resolution.
- Develops and educates sales staff on product knowledge, sales techniques and company policies by developing and conducting monthly sales meetings.
- Attains targeted sales as determined by business goals. Operates department and assigned personnel within budgetary guidelines.
- Demonstrates awareness of customer needs and establishes policies and practices to effectively meet those needs.
- Presents and consults on educational topics with healthcare customers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of food safety procedures, healthcare menus practices, and state and federal healthcare requirements.
- Develops interpersonal relationships, which encourage openness, candor and trust, both internally and externally. Provides informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers/vendors and coworkers.
- Provides support to key healthcare customers.
- Maintains business relationships and provides program support to GPO partners.
- Participates in industry organization meetings. Attends industry shows and events.
- Develops and presents major account presentations. Formulates and analyzes information on competition.
- Interacts with customers and vendors in a friendly, timely and quality manner; ensures customers’ and vendors' questions are answered accurately and in a timely manner. Manages customers’ complaints, issues and emergencies.
- Establishes and monitors major account prospect lists. Processes customer rebates and incentives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Required Qualifications :|
|Associate's degree in nutrition, business, marketing or related area or 3+ years' business experience|
2+ years' experience in healthcare foodservice industry sales
Valid drivers' license
Ability to drive a personal vehicle to customer locations
|Preferred Qualifications :|
|Bachelor's degree in nutrition, business, marketing or related area|
5+ years' experience healthcare foodservice industry sales
This job is currently active.