This is an archive of an expired job.
Company: UCSF Campus and Health
Reporting to the Ambulatory Administration Program Director, the Scribe Program Implementations and Quality Senior Coordinator will apply extensive knowledge of ambulatory care clinics clinical, regulatory, and operational practices to improve efficiency and productivity as it relates to the Scribe Program and other documentation support services run through the Faculty Practice Organization. The Senior Coordinator will implement initiatives of large scopes and high degrees of complexity across UCSF ambulatory sites.
The Scribe Program currently supports 300 physicians across 15 departments with plans to grow. In conjunction with the Scribe Program Coordinator, clinic administrative leadership, and contracted vendors, the Senior Coordinator will focus on implementing new providers to the Scribe Program and ensure smooth rollouts of scribe and documentation support services across clinics. Consulting with the Program Director, incumbent will establish a robust quality assurance process and complete ongoing remote and on-site audits for all active physicians in the Scribe Program to promote high quality of services and compliance with internal and external policies. The Senior Coordinator will provide trainings and monthly check-ins with clinical and administrative staff to cascade any operational changes to workflows or procedures to appropriate personnel.
The Senior Coordinator will use quantitative data analysis skills to help extract and analyze data related to physician and scribe productivity, utilization of the scribe resource, and finances. Incumbent will apply findings to recommend operational, financial, and quality improvements to Ambulatory Administration Program Director to promote an environment of continuous improvement.
This position requires a high degree of independence. The Senior Coordinator will need strong communication, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders throughout the organization. A background in Quality Assurance and experience with APeX is preferred. The Senior Coordinator will be expected to orient and work on-site at all UCSF locations with the possibility of occasional remote work. Incumbent will serve as the first point of contact for issues and escalations.
Involves the administrative services and operations for health care clinics or centers, in accordance with federal, local, and internal standards, policies, and regulations. Typically includes operations, fiscal management, program planning, and / or external marketing activities. Management levels may include oversight of clinical patient care.
Faculty Practice Operations (FPO) & Ambulatory Services delivers over 1.2M patient clinic visits per year and 2M outpatient visits per year. The FPO represents over 120 practices across 19 locations from Santa Rosa to Modesto to Monterrey. Representing ~1900 faculty and residents & ~2400 support staff.
* Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
* Advanced communication skills; includes verbal and written, active listening, critical thinking, persuasiveness, advising and counseling skills. Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate about clinic operations and advocate for clinic.
* Advanced interpersonal skills. Skills to work collaboratively; coordinate and integrate with others throughout the organization. Successful experience working with people with a wide range of backgrounds and skills.
* Advanced organizational and complex project management skills. Ability to lead a team, prioritize personal and team tasks and see projects through from inception to completion on schedule. Exceptional customer service, analytical, planning, problem-solving, interpersonal and team-building skills. Ability to effectively persuade and negotiate results in complex situations.
* Advanced knowledge of data analysis, research and reporting, particularly methods used in ambulatory care clinics.
* Flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Health locations.
* Proficiency in the Electronic Health Record, preferably in APeX (EPIC Ambulatory and EPIC ASAP).
* Proven ability to apply Quality Assurance processes in a healthcare or related setting.
* Ability to perform all commonly applicable functions in the Microsoft Suite. Skills in data management. Advanced knowledge of organization's relevant healthcare and clinic operations information technology, including billing systems and medical record documentation. Ability to teach others.
* Proven ability to apply knowledge of medical center policies and procedures and related legislative, accreditation, licensing and compliance environments to assess and monitor clinic operations to recommend improvements in clinic processes.
* Advanced knowledge of the clinical and operational implications of ambulatory care clinic practice management including patient care workflows and processes. Advanced understanding of medical terminology and maintains a broad range of clinical expertise in theory and best practices of clinic practice area.
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what's possible for the patients we serve - a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report - UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence - also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity - both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: