Safety Manager - Performance Food Group - Rock Island, IL
Apply On Employer's Website
Company: Performance Food Group
- Drives overall safety focus on culture, including engaging with associates, leading the Safety Committee, training, proactive measures and "in the field activities" to develop and maintain a world class safety culture.
- Develops implements and/or administers environmental and occupational health and safety programs to ensure applicable legal compliance and create and maintain a safe and secure working environment. (Programs include but not limited to: OSHA, EPA, DOT, USDA/USDC/FDA, AIB, Homeland Security, Property Engineering Coordination, Casualty Insurance needs.)
- Performs accident reporting, administers workers' compensation claims, and coordinates medical intervention with physicians.
- Responsible for PFG Program Compliance: audits, scorecard, PWMs, Safety Training and Orientation, Driver Training, MVR Policy Compliance, Risk Management Audit Coordination and Claims Management.
- Conducts observations of associates on the job including working evening shifts with warehouse associates and traveling to domicile yards to interact with drivers.
- Tracks safety initiatives and results. Monitors costs and financial impact.
- Assists with food safety programs.
- Helps monitor maintenance of ammonia system.
- Manages relationships with third party vendors, ensuring proactive and effective partnerships
- Develops interpersonal relationships which encourage openness, candor and trust, both internally and externally.
|Required Qualifications :|
|High School Diploma or GED|
4+ years' experience in occupational safety and health management or related area
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word Outlook) and web-based data management programs
Ability to work a flexible schedule including early morning or night shifts
Ability to travel throughout the Midwest, including some overnight travel (25% travel)
|Preferred Qualifications :|
|Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or related area|
6+ year's experience in occupational safety and health management or related area within foodservice industry
Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
Associate in Risk Management (ARM)
This job is currently active.