PERSONAL INJURY PARALEGAL/LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - Young Conaway Stargatt & Taylor, LLP - Wilmington, DE
Click Here to Email Your Resume
Company: Young Conaway Stargatt & Taylor, LLP
Young Conaway Stargatt & Taylor, one of Delaware’s largest and most respected law firms with its headquarters in the heart of Wilmington in Rodney Square, is seeking motivated and experienced candidates to fill a full-time Hybrid Paralegal/LAA position in our Personal Injury section. This position specializes in auto cases.
This is a non-exempt, on-site, full-time position, with 8:30 am-5 pm schedule.
Summary: Paralegal/LAA provides a full-cycle case management and support; reports to and works with the attorney(s) on the cases within the Personal Injury section.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- New client intakes and factual case investigation
- Direct client contact; office appointments, discovery, case monitoring
- Medical records requests; review and organization
- Investigative document requests – Police Reports, FOIA requests
- Case outlines strategy with attorney
- Cultivate relationships with case specific medical, economic & forensic experts
- Proficient in Microsoft Word for preparation of correspondence, pleadings, etc.
- Manage client insurance matters (PIP, healthcare liens, Medicare, Medicaid)
- Demand package and/or medical expense exhibits
- Settlement negotiations in conjunction with supervising attorney
- Negotiate healthcare liens post-settlement
- Pleading preparation; initial suit papers, discovery request or responses, motions, affidavits, petitions, etc.
- Deposition outline, summaries, strategy as needed in conjunction with supervising attorney
- Mediation Statements and related ADR matters
- Trial preparation for pre-trial and post-trial pleadings
- Assist attorneys in preparation for trial. Maintain case calendar. Prepare necessary case files. Attend trial hearings.
- Arrange for service of summonses and subpoenas
- Document production; typing from handwritten copies, dictation software, and voice-mails;
- Compose blacklines comparing two documents; convert MS Word to PDF/PDF to MS Word documents.
- Type and proofread medical documents, legal descriptions, memoranda, correspondence, articles, forms and emails.
- Monitor all activity in assigned cases and respond accordingly, i.e. calendaring, updates to distribution lists, etc.
- Send faxes, make copies, scan and import documents into FileSite, send mail by FedEx, Certified Mail, Hand Delivery.
- E-file with Superior Court & Court of Common Pleas.
- Perform basic accounting procedures and billing.
- Adjust to changing conditions, workload, procedures and duties.
- Previous Personal Injury/Auto Cases Paralegal experience of 3-5 years is required.
- A college degree is required.
- Strong technology skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to multi-task, communicate clearly in writing and verbally, and to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Superior attention to detail; organization skills; flexibility and dependability; motivation.
- Availability for overtime.
We offer a beautiful facility; salary commensurate with skill level and experience; and excellent benefit package, including immediate coverage under our medical, dental & vision plans, parking/commuting allowance, 401K plan and generous paid time off.
To apply for the position, please submit your resume and cover letter with your salary expectations to [email protected].
This job is currently active.