Corporate Paralegal - Lowenstein Sandler - New York, NY - EXPIRED
This is an archive of an expired job.
Company: Lowenstein Sandler
Who We Are:
Lowenstein Sandler is one of the most sophisticated law firms in the United States, with over 375 lawyers and 300 business services professionals serving clients from offices in New York, Palo Alto, New Jersey, Utah, and Washington, D.C. We recruit candidates who seek a collaborative, entrepreneurial culture that prioritizes our clients, our colleagues, and the communities where we work and live. Committed to career development and to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, the firm offers many programs and opportunities for personal and professional growth. We seek professionals for our business services group who share these values.
Experience as a Paralegal in Investment Management Corporate; EINs and Fund Formation experience.
What You Will Do:
Working with Investment Management attorneys and Group Administrator, provide assistance on:
Essential Job Requirements:
Non-Disclosure and Engagement Letter Agreement Tracking:
- Responsible for NDA and Engagement Letter tracking for specific clients
- Assistance with ongoing compliance and onboarding projects
- Responsible for tracking charts, conflicts and client database content
- Review, analyze, organize and maintain specific NDA and Engagement Letter client projects and databases
- Upon acknowledgement of NDA or Engagement Letter in final stage, send execution copies to clients
- Calendar execution and follow up when counterparty does not respond
- Perform corporate related duties including but not limited to: EINs, Fund Formation, Sub Doc processes
- Assist with client specific tracking requests including but not limited to: Engagement Letters
- Cursory review of agreements based on team’s needs; heavy contact with assigned attorneys; immediate and heavy client contact; attention to detail and responsiveness is imperative.
- Related matters including with billing summaries, reconciliations and discrepancies.
- Assist with maintenance of multiple trackers/checklists; client contact required.
- Prepare and issue form documents to various counterparties and follow up for execution (seek attorney assistance as needed). Direct contact with clients and attorneys needed.
- Must be able to work well various people in different departments and think proactively.
- Must be able to multi-task, work well under pressure, balance priorities.
- Able and willing to work overtime as needed, and on short notice, is essential.
- Work with the various client offices on multiple transactions and follow up.
- Work with Clients to address outstanding matters.
- Maintain and manage workflow assignments; work closely with attorney re: same.
- Assist attorneys with inquires and data searches.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college is required;
- A minimum of 2 years of paralegal experience in Corporate law is a plus;
- Perform corporate related duties including but not limited to: EINs, Fund Formation, Sub Doc processesParalegal certification from an ABA-approved program is a plus;
- Ability to work independently and work well with others;
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail are critical;
- A desire to learn and adapt as needed;
- Ability to exhibit flexibility and work in a fast paced environment is critical;
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects with simultaneously;
- Ability to work under intense pressure is critical and essential.
Office Location: New York or New Jersey
Schedule: Full-time, Monday – Friday, 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Amount of Travel Required: 0
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required by employee.
Lowenstein Sandler LLP is not accepting resumes from search firms for this position. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms are to be deemed the sole property of Lowenstein Sandler LLP, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Lowenstein Sandler LLP as a result of the referral.
Lowenstein Sandler LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.