Corporate Counsel, Capital Markets - SeatGeek - New York, NY
Apply On Employer's Website
We're looking to add to our legal team. As our Corporate Counsel, Capital Markets, you'll work with our General Counsel and to advise on a broad range of legal matters and support our aggressive growth. This is an ideal position for someone who enjoys a fast-paced, innovative environment.
As an essential member of the legal team, you'll have the opportunity to shape process and implement best practices as we continue to grow. This is a highly visible role throughout SeatGeek, which will require you to build strong relationships and collaborate closely with business leads, cross-departmental team members and legal colleagues.
What you'll do
- Guide public company readiness and other compliance efforts, including the development and maintenance of policies, procedures, and training programs.
- Provide legal support for corporate transactions, including securities offerings, financings, investments, acquisitions and divestitures and other strategic transactions, and provide oversight on executive compensation administration.
- Help prepare the company's SEC filings and other public disclosure documents.
- Help with the preparation and planning for board and committee meetings and the annual meeting of stockholders.
- Work closely with other teams to draft and review earnings releases, press releases, and shareholder and investor communications.
- Monitor and analyze regulatory developments and best practices in the securities and corporate governance arenas and drive change and education as appropriate.
- Support corporate development activities and general corporate matters.
What you have
- 4+ years of substantive capital markets legal experience at an established law firm.
- Undergraduate degree and a J.D. from top schools.
- Prior work experience with a public technology company, and ideally some experience working with startups.
- Excellent negotiation, drafting, analytical, and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and to follow through, meet deadlines and take full responsibility for structuring and prioritizing your time.
- Sound judgment with the knowledge to resolve complicated matters while maintaining integrity and confidentiality. Team player. Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to promote collaborative solutions.
- Equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
- A hybrid in-office approach, allowing you to work remotely a couple of days a week
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- The ability to work from anywhere up to four weeks per year with SeatGeek on Tour
- Benefits package that supports health/dental/vision. We also provide annual subscriptions to Headspace, Ginger.io, and One Medical
- A focus on transparency. We have regular company meetings and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
- $120 a month to spend on tickets to live events
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon music
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!
This job is currently active.