Assistant Vice President, Application and Data Services (17039) - American University in Washington DC - Washingtin, DC - EXPIRED
This is an archive of an expired job.
Company: American University in Washington DC
Location: Washington, DC, US, 20016
Company: American University
The Assistant Vice President, Application and Data Services is a senior member of the IT management team. The AVP, Application and Data Services develops and executes strategy to meet the university’s needs with technology applications, analytics and data governance. As a strategic leader, the AVP, Application and Data Services will develop and maintain partnerships with executive stakeholders throughout the campus community to understand customer needs and to develop solutions and support models to help achieve these strategic goals. This position has broad operational and strategic responsibilities in directing the services and activities related to Product Management, Project Management, Business Intelligence Development and Platform Support, and Data Governance.
This position reports directly to the Chief Information Officer and includes the Senior Director of Planning and Delivery and the Director of Business Intelligence and Analytics as direct reports. The full Application and Data Services team includes approximately 25 team members.
- Oversees the Product Management, Project Management and Analytics and Business Intelligence teams which includes managing the diverse portolfio of customers, applications and projects.
- Drives efforts to develop and execute strategic plans to transform and evolve the portfolio of applications and technology platforms to anticipate and meet future customer and university needs.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to ensure that the technology services and operations meet the demands of the University community, and get buy-in for projects, priorities, and goals.
- Provides strategic direction and serves as an executive sponsor to mature data governance practices across the university.
- Commensurate with experience
Required Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or related disciplines, or equivalent experience is required.
- At least 15 years of increasing senior IT technical and managerial responsibilities.
- Broad technology management experience with deep expertise in implementing, maintaining and supporting enterprise systems such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Business Intelligence. Experience in a medium to large technology organization in a university environment is desired.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing IT roadmap and strategy, specifically focusing on administrative systems (e.g. ERP), digital experience systems (e.g. CRM and web) and/or business intelligence platforms.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Prior experience leading implementation of cloud based Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system such as Oracle or Workday to transform HR, Payroll, Finance, Budget.
- Development and maturation of data governance practices across a medium to large organization, preferably in a university environment.
- Leadership of Product Management and Project Management teams in an Agile environment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Understands and can articulate the importance of data analytics and mature data governance practices to the future success of a higher education organization.
- Track record of success managing multi-million dollar IT budgets from an enterprise governance perspective with key stakeholders.
- Proven ability to excel working in a complex, decentralized, consensus-driven IT environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to carefully manage resources (e.g. people, budget, systems) for maximum return.
- Ability to foster and maintain effective working collaborations and partnerships with executive stakeholders across the user community. Able to plan, communicate, and get buy-in for projects, priorities and goals.
- Ability to motivate staff and actively promote staff development.
- Possess strong customer service orientation, outstanding interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communications skills. Should have a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with senior (non-technical) leadership as well as with highly technical staff. Highly effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Excellent listening and problem solving skills with appreciation for perspectives of others together with the ability to resolve conflicts.
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log into AsuccessfulU through the myAU portal. Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email [email protected].