Investment Associate III (Equity Analyst) - Eastern Bank - Lynn, MA
Click Here to Email Your Resume
Apply On Employer's Website
Company: Eastern Bank
- Investigate merits of securities (equities, mutual funds, ETFs) for inclusion in client portfolios
- Report and defend investment recommendations to the Investment Team
- Prepare options trades and other asset protection strategies for clients, communicate orders to executing brokers, and monitor prices during holding periods
- Participate actively in Investment Team meetings
Marketing Support and Client Meetings
- Write articles for Investment Perspectives and possibly other publications
- Update investment marketing and presentation material for internal and external use
- Participate in periodic meetings with clients, including multi-client seminars and one-on-one meetings alongside a relationship manager
Regulatory and Audit Compliance
- Participate in reviews of client accounts to ensure compliance with objectives and models
- Meet with internal auditors and provide required documentation; propose and implement revised or new policies and procedures as agreed between Investment Team and auditors
Securities Trading Oversight and Backup
- Supervise trades executed by junior members of the Investment Team to ensure good prices
- Execute purchase and sale of equity or fixed income orders, and coordinate with Operations to ensure settlement, when traders are unavailable
Training and Support
- Train junior members of the Investment Team in trading, reporting, model maintenance, etc.
PROBLEM SOLVING & DECISION MAKING:
- Polished interpersonal skills and CFA-level investment knowledge to interact with clients, relationship managers, other investment team members, and third parties.
- Provides major support to inform investment decisions and to enable the team to execute client transactions.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills, most frequently without close daily supervision.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- CFA is highly preferred
- CFP or MBA is advantageous but not necessary.
- At least 5 years of experience in equity research, trading, or portfolio management is highly preferred.
- Capable of prioritizing tasks and following tasks through to completion without much oversight.
- Understanding of advanced investment concepts and business writing is essential.
- Knowledge of Investor’s View and AddVantage trading systems, Bloomberg, Morningstar, and/or FactSet is beneficial; good working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
- Normal office-based hours and conditions, usually slightly earlier than other departments (i.e. typically 8:00 start).
Previous Success hiring people with similar job titles such as:
- Equity Analyst
- Investment Associate
- Account Officer
- Relationship Manager
- Remote work flexibility
- Hire immediately
- Growth opportunities
- Great benefits
- Strong culture
- Work life balance
This job is currently active.