Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Specialist - Lowenstein Sandler - Roseland, NJ
Apply On Employer's Website
Company: Lowenstein Sandler
What You Will Do:
Lowenstein Sandler is seeking a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Specialist to support the firm’s diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) efforts. Reporting to the firm’s Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, this position will work closely with members of the firm’s Human Resources team, firm lawyers and various departments involved in DEI efforts to implement and advance DEI initiatives. This role will be responsible for translating strategies into actionable plans and work in collaboration with others to execute relevant programming, training, and other firm strategies to foster an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Supports DEI initiatives and executes relevant strategies that benefit both attorneys and staff.
- Plans all aspects of diversity-related and cultural heritage programs and events.
- Works closely with the Director of DEI on the collection, analysis, quantification, and benchmarking of diversity data, trends, and other related information, including the creation of reports.
- Responsible for planning, tracking, and evaluating the DEI budget.
- Compiles, organizes and circulates data and responses to industry and client surveys on DEI generally, and as it relates to the firm’s participation in the Mansfield Rule initiative.
- Captures and circulates reports, articles and developments in the legal profession regarding DEI.
- Creates, monitors and updates DEI communications and collateral materials.
- Coordinates support for the DEI Committee and the firm’s employee resource groups (ERGs), including preparing agendas and recording minutes for circulation.
- Collaborates with counterparts on other firm teams and across firm offices on program planning and execution.
- Serves as point of contact on external vendor relationships.
- Maintains knowledge of diversity-related issues, legislation, and best practices.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Adheres to the highest standards of personal and professional conduct, and embraces and supports the Firm’s core values, mission and vision.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about law firm diversity, equity and inclusion issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Experience in recruiting, marketing, communications, and event planning is preferred.
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint and Excel.
- Stellar writing and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates a detail-oriented and proactive approach to projects.
- Strong client-service orientation.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment (i.e., frequent change, delays or unexpected events).
- Ability to manage competing demands.
- Willingness to travel to other Firm offices on occasion.
Education and Relevant Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 4+ years closely related experience and/or project management experience at a law firm, government agency, or professional services organization required.
To view the full job description, click apply to be directed to our firm website.
Office Location: NJ, NY or DC
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday-Friday (9:00am-5:00pm); weekends and after hours work as needed
Amount of Travel Required: 10%
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required by employee.
Lowenstein Sandler LLP is not accepting resumes from search firms for this position. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms are to be deemed the sole property of Lowenstein Sandler LLP, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Lowenstein Sandler LLP as a result of the referral.
Lowenstein Sandler LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
This job is currently active.