Company: Broward Sheriff's Office
NATURE OF WORK:
This is entry level work which provides the opportunity for practical experience and broad exposure to the fundamentals of detention functions within the Department of Detention of the Broward County Sheriff's Office. Work involves attending a Corrections Academy intended to provide preparatory training for a career in detention. Position participates in training programs and performs varied routine and technical non-sworn tasks in support of sworn detention functions. Employees in this classification receive supervision and administrative direction from a supervisor. Emphasis is placed on training the incumbent for continued employment within the agency. Performs related work as directed.
All cadets attending the Broward College Institute of Public Safety must successfully attain a minimum score of 75% on at least one Physical Profile test. Failure to attain the 75% score on one of the Physical Profile tests will result in the cadet's removal from the Academy and potential separation of employment from BSO.
1. Minimum age of 18 years.
2. United States citizen prior to application.
3. High school diploma or equivalent. An evaluation of foreign high school diploma may be required.
4. Must not have been convicted of any felony. All candidates must not have been convicted of any perjury or a false statement charge as an adult. All other arrests and convictions will be reviewed on a case-by- case basis. Must have good moral character as determined by a background investigation (F.S.S. 943.13).
5. If ever arrested, candidates must submit an official court disposition with the application. You may contact the Clerk of the Court in the county in which the incident occurred to obtain this information. Arrest records must be attached to the online application.
6. Must successfully pass the Corrections Criminal Justice Basic Abilities Test (CJBAT) or Florida Basic Abilities Test (FBAT), and BASIC MOTOR SKILLS test administered at the Institute of Public Safety at Broward Community College prior to submitting an application. Results for all required tests must be attached to the online application.
7. Must possess and maintain throughout employment, a valid Florida driver license without any restrictions affecting job performance. Driver license must show current address. All candidates must submit with the application, a Certified Department of Motor Vehicles "entire" driving history.
8. If claiming Veteran's Preference, candidates must provide a DD214 Member 4 form at time of application.
DO NOT SUBMIT THE ON-LINE APPLICATION UNTIL YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE CORRECTIONS CRIMINAL JUSTICE BASIC ABILITIES TEST (CJBAT) OR THE FLORIDA BASIC ABILITIES TEST (FBAT) AND BASIC MOTOR SKILLS TESTS AND HAVE ATTAINED ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS LISTED BELOW. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR SUBMITTING THE ONLINE APPLICATION:
To view additional information on the required CJBAT and Basic Motor Skills tests, please visit the Broward College Institute of Public Safety Testing Center website: Testing Center
To view the Broward College Physical Fitness Preparation Guide, please click on the following link: Physical Fitness Preparation Guide
This job is currently active.