This is an archive of an expired job.
Company: US Well Services
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Department: Accounting & Finance
Location: Houston, TX
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: VP Supply Chain Date
The Supply Chain Manager leads and manages the supply chain function, including responsibility for sourcing and expediting materials and services, managing the inventory functions, identifying and tracking hard and soft savings, preparing, negotiating, and monitoring contractual agreements. The ultimate goal is to maintain optimum but minimal inventory levels while maintain expediting standards to ensure timely deliveries to the well pad or shop.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
• Complies with all company safety policies and procedures
• Promotes ethical behavior in all aspects of the business and leads by example
• Implements a supply chain strategy consistent with company goals
• Oversees inventory management including procedures, reporting, consolidation, and overall maintenance of optimum inventory levels and carrying costs. Directs management of inventories, investment recovery of surplus materials, and the material movements for all of the Company and third party yards
• Conducts competitive bidding for all materials & services with a minimum of 1 year cycle.
• Expedites materials from their source to the end user
• Implements and manages all processes related to supply chain, beginning with the intent to purchase through delivery including ensuring the timely entering of material transfers into the ERP system (NAV Inventory Module)
• Manages the strategic and tactical supply chain as well as the timely expediting of materials and equipment for hydraulic fracturing operations
• Interface and coordinate with Operations and maintenance to ensure timely execution of products and services
• Interfaces with Sales and Corporate management to ensure that the procurement of materials and services are aligned with the corporate goals
• Conduct periodic physical inventories of assets in inventory located at district locations
• Manages and mentor direct reports in the Supply Chain group
• Develops and maintains strong relationships with critical vendors and distributors. Strengthens and build supplier relationships through routine supplier communication and consolidation and reduction of vendor count when needed
• Ensures product availability based on the required quantity and availability
• Maintains and ensures lead times, costs, order multiples, and minimums are accurate
• Secures and analyzes quotations, prices and terms with suppliers, and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities
• Interviews and confers with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, transportation logistics, inventory management, and delivery terms under guidance from Purchasing Manager.
• Ensures team proactively communicates with internal departments on sourcing issues or delays that affect operations and or replenishment
• Collaborates with Receiving regarding quality or delivery issues that arise
• Works with Accounts Payable to resolve supplier accounting issues
• Ensures resolution of supplier issues or concerns in a timely manner
• Ensures proper documentation is provided by suppliers and that all purchasing activities adhere to established policies and procedures required by USWS
• Travel required to visit suppliers and USWS sites as necessary
• Participates in continuous improvement activities in support of Company business goals
• Assist with new build projects, as required
• All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Lead and manager a team of direct reports to execute Supply Chain function’s mission
• Review and approval of employees time off, performance and personnel actions
• Provide coaching, mentoring and direction to direct reports
• Ability to work normal office business hours (8:00am – 5:00pm) and can be flexible after hours.
• Maintain good communication with Supervisor in regards to departing work for the day, unplanned time off, and provide adequate notice of any scheduled/requested PTO
• Willingness to travel out of state and to other locations up to 30% of the time
Education and/or Experience
• High School diploma or GED
• Knowledge of gas and oil field industry preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, engineering, or a closely related business field highly preferred
• Minimum of 7 years of OFS purchasing experience, with 3 of those years as a manager
• Must understand all phases of the supply chain process (bidding, contracting, and negotiations, etc.)
• Demonstrated strong negotiation skills
• Familiarity with suppliers and OFS operations
• Experience with and a thorough knowledge of OFS materials, equipment, and services, especially hydraulic fracturing and production equipment
• Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or documented progress toward this certification is a plus, but not required
• Knowledge of NAV and Oracle Net Suite ERP is a plus, but not required
• Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills and ability to deal effectively with a variety of people and situations
• Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills and team player
• Must have great time-management skills
• Able to read and comprehend effectively and write sufficiently to be understood by employees, peers and customers in English.
• Able to multitask and be self-motivated
• Must have a driving record acceptable to the Company and USWS auto insurance company
• Standing: 2-4 hours per day
• Sitting: 6-12 hours per day
• Driving: 2-4 hours per day
• Lifting: Up to 40lbs, additional weight may be required with a second individual assisting
• Reaching: Ability to reach with hands and arms frequently to operate office equipment
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include normal office and outdoors environment including close up computer work.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to maintain friendly and effective contact with employees, vendors, customers of the company, members of the community, and employees of other affiliated companies, departments or divisions.
Position will be based out of the main office. Dress attire is business casual; however, business professional might be required on some occasions as well as casual.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all employee responsibilities, duties and/or skills required.