Business Development Manager - Lowenstein Sandler - Roseland, NJ - EXPIRED
This is an archive of an expired job.
Company: Lowenstein Sandler
If you are a CA resident, please CLICK HERE to read the required CCPA Notice prior to applying.
Who We Are:
Lowenstein Sandler is one of the most sophisticated law firms in the United States, with over 350 lawyers and 300 business services professionals serving clients from offices in New York, Palo Alto, New Jersey, Utah, and Washington, D.C. We recruit candidates who seek a collaborative, entrepreneurial culture that prioritizes our clients, our colleagues, and the communities where we work and live. Committed to career development and to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, the firm offers many programs and opportunities for personal and professional growth. We seek professionals for our business services group who share these values.
Preferred: Business Development Manager experience in a law firm environment, Tech Practice Group
The Business Development Manager will work closely with the Partners, Business Development Director, Practice Group Director and other Business Development Managers supporting Tech Group practice, including but not limited to: Venture Capital, Patent, Trademark and Technology.
Essential Job Requirements:
Work with practice area Partners to develop, and execute on, the business development strategic plans consistent with the firm’s strategic initiatives.
- Act as advisor to Partners to assist them in increasing their brand, practice and visibility achieving their individual business goals.
- Collaborate with Partners in the collection and sharing of knowledge relating to skills and experience, to enhance understanding of practice area and raise client service/delivery standards.
- Work closely with Partners, other BD/Marketing staff and firm wide personnel to proactively identify and respond to appropriate new business opportunities, including opportunities for internal cross-marketing and joint business development initiatives;
- Maintain a strong knowledge of key clients and market forces, including business trends and competitive landscape. Develop and maintain personal connections in the local, and national community.
- Create/maintain existing client list/database.
- Create project management spreadsheet of Partners, client action plan with targeted timelines.
- Source, plan and execute business development events (including but not limited to speaking engagements, conference, panels).
- Schedule and conduct bi-weekly, monthly or quarterly meeting with Partners to coordinate and/or brainstorm BD opportunities.
- Conduct and coordinate clients meetings with the Partners.
- Assess our BD best practices and continuously question current processes and consider enhancements.
- Responsible for being the single point of contact for Partners for marketing-related needs.
- Conduct an effective outreach/marketing campaign to get IP Partner name recognition
- Develop, define and disseminate clear positioning and messaging for the Tech/IP practice group.
- Develop the marketing and Business Development components of the practice group’s annual business plan.
- Team with Partners and Marketing staff to market the services and expertise of the practice group through the development and deployment of thought leadership content and other profile-raising opportunities.
- Team with the Firm’s Communications team to draft press releases, pitch story ideas and provide spokespeople to reporters as appropriate, track published articles and consider social media strategy around key projects.
- Manage practice group awards and rankings, including oversight of submission to Chambers and other high-profile publications; assist NJ, Utah, and CA offices in articulating key messages for directory submission and share best practices in the submission process.
- Develop client and market facing knowledge based marketing materials.
- Collaborate with Partners and Business Development Managers to conduct and promote post transaction reviews in order to obtain client feedback and assist in improving client service.
- Support the preparation of responses to client’s request for proposals or information on the practice group and in preparing Partners for business development meetings with clients and prospects.
Analysis and Research:
- Actively develop and maintain a deep understanding of the practice group services market and the competitive position of the Firm’s Tech Group practice through extensive internal and external research.
- Work with Knowledge Research Services to monitor, analyze and communicate market, industry and competitive trends for IP practice and assigned sub-groups.
Marketing and Coordination:
- Provide management and direction to the Partners regarding Interaction.
- Establish a community of regional and office BD staff with a view to sharing best practice and coordinating the roll out of initiatives.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- JD and BA in Marketing preferred
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a marketing or business development role preferably working in a legal services environment or professional services firm.
- Experience leading Business Development/Marketing for a practice group, service line or industry group.
- Experience working with Partners/senior executives and extensive knowledge of IP practice.
- Demonstrate high-level energy and professionalism representing the company.
- Hungry to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business environment
- Proven track record of success in their past roles and experiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Strong judgement and ability to make well-reasoned independent decisions.
- Advanced understanding of strategic marketing and communications.
- Self-motivated and independent, able to work with minimum supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including pleasant nature and ability to influence others.
- Strong attention to detail.
Location: Roseland, NJ or Centerville, UT
Schedule: Monday – Friday
- NJ: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- UT: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Amount of Travel Required: Some travel between Roseland, Washington DC, CA and NY offices.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required by employee.
Lowenstein Sandler LLP is not accepting resumes from search firms for this position. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms are to be deemed the sole property of Lowenstein Sandler LLP, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Lowenstein Sandler LLP as a result of the referral.
Lowenstein Sandler LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.