Knowledge Management Specialist - Lowenstein Sandler - Roseland, NJ - EXPIRED
This is an archive of an expired job.
Company: Lowenstein Sandler
If you are a CA resident, please CLICK HERE to read the required CCPA Notice prior to applying.
Who We Are:
Lowenstein Sandler is one of the most sophisticated law firms in the United States, with over 350 lawyers and 300 business services professionals serving clients from offices in New York, Palo Alto, New Jersey, Utah, and Washington, D.C. We recruit candidates who seek a collaborative, entrepreneurial culture that prioritizes our clients, our colleagues, and the communities where we work and live. Committed to career development and to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, the firm offers many programs and opportunities for personal and professional growth. We seek professionals for our business services group who share these values.
Preferred: Legal experience / Website and database maintenance experience
What You Will Do:
LS is seeking a KM Specialist to join our KRS department. The ideal candidate has law firm experience, an understanding of the way attorneys function and the legal documents that they create, and is tech-savvy and a self-starter.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Works in conjunction with Knowledge and Research Services Department to collect comprehensive data and characteristics regarding client matters.
- Maintains up-to-date information and data on firm-wide practice management platforms.
- Builds and maintains, at the direction of practice leaders, individual practice group resource intranet sites.
- Works with various business function leaders to maintain administrative firm intranet sites.
- Works at the direction of attorneys to collect, organize, and upload work product exemplars and relevant external materials.
- Assists attorneys and other staff in locating internal and external knowledge resources.
- Automates standard document templates using Contract Express and other low-code solutions.
- Assists transactional practices in the implementation of due diligence platforms using machine learning and other innovative technology.
- Assists in identifying attorney workflows and potential practice process improvements.
- Assists with evaluation and promotion of various legal practice technologies.
- Promotes Knowledge Management and select research resources with attorneys and other users.
- Functions as a member of the Knowledge & Research Services Department to further the firm’s overall knowledge goals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of relevant computer programs (e.g., Excel, Outlook) with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Experience working in a corporate or large law firm environment
- Ability to learn new applications and technologies relevant to KM in a timely fashion and apply such skills to the Firm environment
- Basic understanding of information collection and retrieval including experience with database searching
- Understanding of HTML coding and concepts is preferred
- SharePoint 2013-2019 experience, including experience with maintaining SharePoint Lists, Document Libraries, and Picture Libraries is a plus
- Basic understanding of transactional practice processes and workflows is preferred
- Experience in a programming language is a plus
- Experience with automation tools (e.g., Contract Express) and AI-enabled due diligence review tools (e.g., Kira or Luminance) or eDiscovery tools is highly desirable
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Law firm experience, particularly in a transactional practice, is a plus.
Office Location: Roseland, NJ (for next few months working remotely)
Schedule: Full-time, Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00 pm
Amount of Travel Required: 0
Lowenstein Sandler LLP is not accepting resumes from search firms for this position. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms are to be deemed the sole property of Lowenstein Sandler LLP, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Lowenstein Sandler LLP as a result of the referral.
Lowenstein Sandler LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.