Controller - Stewart Back Office Financial Services - Chattanooga, TN
Click Here to Email Your Resume
Company: Stewart Back Office Financial Services
The Controller is responsible for managing the accounting operations of the company, including production of financial reports, maintaining accounting records, set controls and budgets, and establish accuracy of the company’s financial results.
(The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this position, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Manage all accounting operations, including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, and Revenue Recognition.
- Process semi-monthly payroll for exempt and non-exempt workforces.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Develop and implement effective internal controls within the Accounting department.
- Create strategic plans for financial operations.
- Maintain proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Uses, carries and answers their cell phone for business purposes as determined by the assigned job duties and the department head
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA or BS in Accounting, Finance, Business required; MBA or Masters in Accounting preferred.
- Five (5) years’ relevant Accounting experience; Accounting experience with lending/banking a plus.
- Three (3) years’ management and leadership experience.
- Experience in a CPA firm preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough understanding and implementation of GAAP
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; strong skills in Excel
- Exceptional work ethic and credibility
- Maintains confidentiality of information
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Exceptional communication skills
- Able to handle multiple responsibilities efficiently and effectively
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
This job is currently active.