This is an archive of an expired job.
Company: The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
The Principal Information Technology Analyst (Principal Oracle DBA) will be the technical expert for Metropolitan’s enterprise and business database systems and applications. Enterprise database applications would include Oracle E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft HR, Microsoft SharePoint, and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. As such, advanced knowledge of Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle databases are required. In-depth experience with installing, upgrading, patching, cloning, and monitoring Oracle E-Business, specifically release 12.2.6 and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, Oracle PeopleSoft, Oracle DataGuard are highly preferred. Business database applications would include IBM Maximo Asset Management, IBM Cognos, Electronic Document Management System, Oracle Primavera and custom built applications for our Water Quality Laboratory.
In this role, you will have responsibilities which include overseeing and participating in the planning, design, configuration, documentation, implementation, testing, monitoring, and management of IT infrastructure initiatives, i.e. Oracle Cloud. You will review and recommend technology solutions; install and configure database applications; provide day-to-day administration of database applications; and monitor/troubleshoot database application problems. In addition, the individual will oversee the database applications disaster recovery process and may coordinate activities among IT teams and/or staff.?
You will be responsible for a specialized and complex information technology discipline. In this capacity you serve as the resident authority in your discipline and functions to review and recommend approval of proposed technology solutions and designs from other staff and consultants. You may function as a senior project manager on complex information technology initiatives. In the role of senior project manager, areas of responsibility include directing project teams, developing schedules, project plans, proposals, budgets, and status reports applying cost benefit methodologies to monitor progress and success and managing projects to completion.
• Experience with installing, upgrading, patching, cloning, and monitoring Oracle E-Business, specifically release 12.2.6 and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
• Experience with at least two of the following multi-tier applications is preferred: PeopleSoft HR, Oracle DataGaurd, IBM Cognos, Laboratory Information Systems, Labsheet, WINS, or EDMS.
• Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Applications Database Administrator Certified Professional
• Oracle PeopleSoft Database Administration
• Oracle Database Administrator Certified Professional
• Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Administrator
• Oracle Cloud Database Administration
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong team building and mentoring skills
This job announcement has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this classification / job.
To view the full job description click here: Principal Information Technology Analyst
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and eight years of increasingly responsible experience, of which two years must have been at the Senior Programmer Analyst or Senior Systems Analyst level.
Increasingly responsible experience is defined as at least 8 years of combined experience which includes:
• 3 years of Oracle Databases administration at the Senior or equivalent level performing tasks such as installing, upgrading, patching, cloning, tuning and monitoring
• 2 years of DataGuard experience for disaster recovery
• 2 years of multi-tiered Oracle database applications: E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft, Primavera
• 2 years of Project Management experience
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
License(s): Valid California Class C Driver’s License or equivalent (required at time of application) that allows you to drive during your employment.
• Competitive compensation
• Excellent medical, dental, life, vision plans.
• Deferred compensation in the form of a 401(k) plan (with matching contribution) and a 457 plan.
• Retirement benefits under the California Public Employees' Retirement System
• Tuition reimbursement
• Training and advancement opportunities
• Excellent working environment
• Public transportation reimbursements and van pools
• Hub of public transportation: rail, subway, buses, and taxis
• On-site fitness center
For more information on MWD benefits, please use the following link: Benefits Regular Full Time Employee
The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California is a consortium of 26 cities and water districts that provides drinking water to nearly 19 million people in Southern California. Metropolitan’s mission is to provide its service area with adequate and reliable supplies of high quality water to meet current and future needs in an environmentally and economically responsible way. Metropolitan’s facilities include the 242-mile Colorado River Aqueduct, five water treatment plants with a combined capacity of 2.3 billion gallons per day, nine surface water reservoirs, 800 miles of pipeline, and 16 hydroelectric power plants.
The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Qualified individuals with disabilities, who need a reasonable accommodation during the application or selection process, please call (213) 217-7738 or email: [email protected]
MWD is a Federal and State EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Application Filing Period: Closes at 4:30 pm PST on the date stated in the job announcement. However it may close prior to the filing end date if sufficient applications have been received. If sufficient applications have not been received, then the filing period end date may be extended.
Sponsorship: Applicants for employment with The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States (i.e., H1-B or other employment-based immigration case).