Company: Lipsey Logistics
Responsible for providing support to our logistics and asset groups through spot tendering, bid boards and spot quotes. Responsibilities include creating spot quotes and bids; communicating internally and externally on opportunities and pricing; perform analysis of market and trends; and perform adhoc projects and duties.
(The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this position, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
• Calculates rates for freight based on available data using resources such as online pricing tools and approved historical rates.
• Secures spot quotations for brokerage opportunities; works with Operations and Sales to determine freight needs by market.
• Respond to daily inquiries from customers regarding spot rate pricing.
• Communicate rates and related information to executives, management and customers.
• Performs routine analysis of network and work with operations and Sales team to make appropriate adjustments; analyze and identify lane and utilization opportunities
• Works with internal departments to determine new rates and evaluate existing rates.
• Efficiently utilizes TMS software.
• Demonstrates the ability to accept a variety of duties, as time permits, ranging from special projects as directed by business units, to filling in during short absences of key position personnel
• Maintain proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost effective manner.
• Ability to work on a Lipsey site or Lipsey Logistics customer location site while performing the essential functions of this position.
• Uses, carries and answers their cell phone for business purposes as determined by the assigned job duties and the department head
• Other duties as assigned.
A high school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting or transportation preferred. A minimum of two years of operational experience in truckload or brokerage environment is required. Additional experience in spot quotes, bid boards preferred. Any combination of relevant education, training or experience sufficient to perform the essential duties of the job will be considered.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Knowledge of pricing principles and practices; negotiation techniques; customer service principles; mathematical concepts; Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer; necessary to assist with all aspects of logistics process; and applicable Federal, State and Local laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures.
Skill in using a computer and related software; interpreting and analyzing bids and purchasing documents; providing customer service; conducting negotiations; exercising sound judgment; solving problems; analytics; oral and written communication and presentation skills to clearly and concisely communicate with all levels of the workforce and management;; performing mathematical calculations and communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Ability to quote logistics moves in a cost-effective and time critical manner utilizing technology available; analyze data in order to effectively suggest adjustments to pricing, quotes, or bids;
This job is currently active.