This is an archive of an expired job.
Company: Luna Technologies
Luna Technologies is hiring an Equipment Support Technician to provide customer support and on-site service for our chemical processing equipment customers. The Support Technician will provide commissioning, training, and on-going support for our equipment via email, phone, and on-site at customers’ facilities across North America. Equipment support typically involves diagnosing problems with pumps, heaters, refrigeration units, and instrumentation via phone and remote login to SCADA systems. On-site support will be required at various locations across the US and Canada. Commissioning and training is a two day process and responsibilities will rotate between the Support Technician and other team members.
We are a small startup company founded in 2016. We are challenging the market and pushing forward aggressively. Candidates should be excited to grow with the company and quickly adapt in an evolving industry and company.
· Perform mechanical and electrical diagnostics and troubleshooting often involving reading piping and instrumentation diagrams and electrical schematics.
· Commissioning, startups and system integration of pressurized piping system skids, auxiliary equipment, and controls systems.
· Availability to respond and support all customer needs during emergencies, after hours, and weekends when necessary.
· Troubleshoot chemical processes including, pumping, evaporating, and condensing of flammable fluids.
· PLC hardware and software, field instrumentation, 3-phase motors and compressors (1/2hp – 10hp).
· Perform leak tests and resolve leaks when found.
· Perform pneumatic and hydrostatic pressure tests.
· Perform fabrication and assembly of mechanical and electrical assemblies as needed.
· Develop and write technical procedures for use by customers and internal employees.
Skills & Qualifications:
· AA/AS degree + 3 - 6 years of work experience or equal job related experience
· Familiarity with pressurized/vacuum vessels and associated piping and controls.
· Familliarity with basic chemistry and physics as related to the function of the extraction equipment/process.
· Familiarity with facilities equipment such as; HVAC and air handlers, process chillers, heaters, pumps.
· Experience in Industrial automation platforms (Phoenix Contact, Weintek, Automation Direct a plus)
· Knowledgeable in facilities systems infrastructure, design, and commissioning
· Knowledge of field instrumentation (i.e. flow and level transmitters, pressure and temperature transmitters, control valves, etc.)
· Knowledgeable in related operation, design, and construction standard practices.
· Ability to maintain detailed accurate records and prepare necessary reports.
· Good communication skills and interacting with customers/vendors/teammates.
· Role modeling safety and attention to detail and procedural requirements related to hazardous areas.
· Familiarity with NEC Class 1 Division 1 electrical requirements.
· Knowledgeable in typical office automation: PCs, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
· Ability to lift and move up to 35 pounds without assistance.
· Ability to alternate standing and/or sitting positions for extended periods.
· Bend, stoop, lean, twist, squat occasionally.
· Unrestricted and full range of upper and lower body movements and manual dexterity to move, lift, and grasp products.
· Visual acuity to assure quality and accuracy.
· Communicate by speech and hearing continuously without difficulty.
· General manufacturing environment
· Work area may be subject to undesirable temperatures in winter and summer.
· May be required to handle hazardous substances such as, but not limited to solvents.
· Must be comfortable working in cannabis extraction facilities (client facilities).
· Must be willing and able to travel across the US and Canada (approx 25%, passport eligibility required.)
· Must have reliable transportation for travel to local customers. (Mileage compensated.)
· Must be comfortable multitasking and working with ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities. This is a start-up organization.
About the Company
Luna Technologies is a state-of-the-art cannabis oil extraction equipment manufacturer. We develop forward-thinking industry technology that supports our belief in the medical and social benefits of clean, consistent product. Our meticulously designed equipment fosters a superior level of workplace safety for the end-user. And, as an Earth-conscious team, we set engineering goals to decrease energy consumption; and reduce greenhouse gas and noxious emissions. Our advanced hydrocarbon extraction method sets a new standard for safety, quality, and consistency.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $48,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year