Technology Program Manager - HSBC - Buffalo, New York - EXPIRED
This is an archive of an expired job.
North America-United States-New York-Buffalo
The US Core Banking IT team is responsible for a broad range of services including wholesale and retail deposits, payment processing, remote deposit capture and check processing. These services are leveraged by multiple global business lines including retail and wholesale banking, wealth management and global banking & markets. Technologies span multiple platforms including mainframe, mid-range (AS/400) and distributed (Windows and Linux). We are the heart of banking, supplying the core behind the customer facing channels that include ATM’s, credit cards, internet banking, mobile banking, phone banking, and teller activities.
The Technology Programme/Portfolio Management job is accountable for delivery of Technology Programmes, Business Change Programme, or delivery of a critical Technology-only programmes within a Technology Portfolio. This Job manages change initiation, design and delivery and accountable for successful delivery of the programme and ensuring benefits realisation.
This job may be based in one or more Technology disciplines such as mobile, digital, security, core banking, micro services, operations readiness, service introduction, capacity management or architecture.
The remit area may be global and may cross multiple HSBC business areas.
Key Accountabilities (include but are not limited to):
- Manage programme strategy and the programme approach across a series of projects or component activities, building stakeholder buy-in around plans, commitments and changes
- Assist business stakeholders with the decomposition of complex business requirements into Epics and User Stories that can be delivered by Technology teams via respective backlogs with minimum cross product co-ordination
- Delivery, governance & reporting to stakeholders including the Value Stream Product Manager and the leadership of a service line or Product within Technology.
- Drives the use of the prevailing methodologies within Technology teams (e.g. Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Lean)
- Ensure Technology programmes align to HSBC strategies and contribute to towards achieving strategic aims
- Ensuring that all Technology practices and associated tools are being adopted and adhered to within the Programme/Portfolio
- Manage programme/portfolio budgets, including headcount and software delivery capitalisation
- Manage negotiation with and management of, and service agreement monitoring of third party contracts with Technology suppliers
- Manage the development and promotion of the technology portfolio and project management practices
- Work across business, value streams and technology to establish effective controls, procedures and quality assurance processes for the product in line with the Business Transformation Framework and HSBC Risk and Controls framework
- Manage the reporting of progress, issues, dependencies and risks to committees and make recommendations to influence decision making in order to maintain progress towards delivery and benefits realisation.
- Provide management to maintain a focus on how the project aligns to wider program objectives, where appropriate, and to the change portfolio across HSBC
- Manage, monitor and report progress, issues, dependencies, risks to the program management, internal stakeholders and/or steering committees. Make recommendations to influence decision-making in order to maintain progress towards delivery and benefits realization
- Enforce process discipline and improvements in areas of expertise, such as: disciplined agile software delivery
- Help in the development and running of the program management office or project management practice.
- Establish effective governance and controls, in line with Business Transformation Framework and coordination of cross technology teams, cross Global Business/Global Functions delivery
- The right person for this job will be an enthusiastic collaborator who knows how to improve internal culture and can work closely with IT management, values streams and business alike.
traditional PM skills
- Task and Financial tracking
- Risk identification and tracking
- Issue management and escalation
- Meeting minute writing and status
- Understands technical discussion and
can translate to business/common English terms
- Stakeholder management
- Strong interpersonal, presentation,
communication and negotiation skills
- Experience of
working in the Agile environment
- Experience in
working with remote teams
motivated and able to work independently, under pressure and proactively in a
fast paced environment with multiple deadlines
proactive and can-do attitude
- Able to adjust
in rapidly changing environment and to prioritize your activities and set the
right expectations with your internal and external stakeholders
- Prior working
experience in banking sector will be an advantage but not a must
- SAFE Lean
Portfolio Management certification would be a plus
experience using clarity for status reporting and risk/issue register
- Financial management (direct cost, recharge,
actual-to-plan analysis) required
- Between 10-15
years of professional experience
for after-hours production support on an as needed basis
- JIRA knowledge
would be an asset
- Word, Excel,
Power point skills required
If you would like to notify the Diversity Recruitment team of your application or if you are simply interested in learning about opportunities at HSBC, please email [email protected]