API Designer - HSBC - Chicago, Illinois - EXPIRED
This is an archive of an expired job.
North America-United States-Illinois-Arlington Heights
HSBC Digital Services is looking for someone to take ownership of the entire API Design phase on an API Product lifecycle. We are looking for an energetic individual with a creative and ambitious mind set and strong API solutions architecture and API design/development experience to the team. A successful candidate will be an expert in creating API-first products that are functional, performant, secure and error free. They should understand how to expose data and ways of using existing APIs to deliver value and solving business needs.
For this role we are looking for someone with exposure to API development using a range of different development tools, with experience designing and implementing APIs (REST, JSON). You will be required to:
- Deliver API schemas that are easy to understand and use.
- Produce API design and technical implementation documents for innovative applications that will ultimately change the way the banking industry operates.
- Remove residual risk from API by delivering reliable robust, resilient and secure software solutions meeting strict operational specifications on a timely basis
- Define application data and resource models such that the operations and relationships between resources are easily understood.
- Exhibit critical thinking to design solutions to solve complex business requirements via existing or new APIs
- Ensure all APIs adhere to the latest API standards to drive design consistency
- Support API developers with delivering highly performant, quality APIs
- Work with Product Managers to find creative ways to increase API usage and engagement.
- Understand and translate the business vision into API(s) and its functions
- Design and architecture of APIs and Microservices best practices
- Experience applying modern REST constructs while designing API interface design
- Technical expert in system integrations and data mapping
- RAML schema and API design
- Experience in Spring Boot, Spring Integration and MuleSoft
- Agile and scrum methodology
- Resource modelling
- Logical data modelling
- Financial systems and banking
- Experience with Splunk and App dynamics for monitoring
- Amazon AWS cloud platforms with Kubernetes
- Event driven design and architecture
- JIRA and confluence
HSBC has huge growth plans in this space over the coming years and as such will be able to offer excellent career progression and development opportunities to any suitable candidate
If you would like to notify the Diversity Recruitment team of your application or if you are simply interested in learning about opportunities at HSBC, please email [email protected]