This is an archive of an expired job.
Company: Ohio Hospital Association
The Ohio Hospital Association was established in 1915 as the nation’s first state-level hospital association. OHA represents 236 hospitals and 14 health systems throughout Ohio. OHA exists to collaborate with member hospitals and health systems to ensure a healthy Ohio.
The Solution Architect works to improve OHA Member engagement through enhancing and maintaining OHA’s existing Web-based applications and systems. The position will also have responsibility for developing new Web-based application by taking projects through their full development life cycle. The position reports directly to the Senior Director of Enterprise Architecture.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design, code, test, and document new and existing Web-based applications, including but not limited to: Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Kentico CMS, OHA Insight, and OHA DataTrack.
• Support QA functions by developing and executing test plans and test scripts.
• Provide website maintenance and enhancements as needed.
• Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting.
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
• Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
• Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the application’s user interface.
• Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies.
• Strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
• Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
• Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end.
• Other related duties, as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science, or other equivalent degree.
• Minimum 12 years of experience in the field of Software Engineering
• Minimum 10 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
• Minimum 7 years combined work experience in any combination of the following: Bootstrap CSS, Knockout.js, jQuery, and http-based APIs.
• Minimum 5 years of experience with logging and unit testing frameworks.
• Minimum 1 year of experience with ASP.NET Core.
• Strong understanding of Web Applications and programming languages.
• Strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
• Problem solving and debugging skills, with strong ability to quickly learn and understand business processes.
• Ability to get along and work productively not only with co-workers or colleagues, but also with external contacts and members.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively and positively with all audiences.
The Ohio Hospital Association is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, familial status, military status, status as a protected veteran or individual with disability, and genetic information.
A cover letter, resume, and references from previous employers should be e-mailed to:
Chief Information Officer
Ohio Hospital Association
155 E Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43215