Specialist, Carrier Procurement - XPO Logisitics - Gainesville, GA - EXPIRED
This is an archive of an expired job.
Company: XPO Logisitics
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. As the Specialist, Carrier Procurement, you will source, negotiate and secure carriers to move available freight in a timely and cost-effective manner. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work, and the opportunity to build a rewarding career.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Cultivate strong core carrier relationships while negotiating and securing carriers to move freight
- Maintain continuous communication with carriers and customers to ensure a high-quality freight movement process
- Ensure all parties are informed of route changes, delays, freight concerns or other issues as necessary
- Schedule pickup and delivery appointment times; use discretion and insight when considering all factors affecting timeframe, including weather, traffic, miles, service rules, etc.
- Follow established procedures and protocols regarding HVS and HRC loads to ensure the integrity of the shipment and the XPO brand
- Accurately maintain and update information in the company’s operating systems
- Conduct research in available databases for potential leads; make cold calls to prospects
- Track back-end billing and invoicing to ensure that carrier charges are accurate
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- 1 year of procurement experience
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 1 year of transportation experience
- 2 years of sales or customer service experience
- The ability to exercise judgment and discretion while functioning independently within authorized limits
Be part of something big.