This is an archive of an expired job.
North America-United States-New York-New York
Provide quotations of various structured products on stocks and indices on both primary and secondary markets for institutional and retail clients. Manage risks associated to these products by trading all sort of derivatives products: equity options, futures, IR swap, FX, Correlation products, etc. Maintain risk positions within limits. Providing liquidity to clients and managing positions in order to maximize total revenue of trading profit plus commission. Monitor and manage gap risks which are specific to structured products. Maintain communication with sales globally and structuring teams. Generate new trading ideas, expand the range of products marketed to clients and provide trading axes to sales. Develop synergies between flow and structured products books by recycling some risks coming from structured business into flow products. Ensure trading activity is conducted with all appropriate risk parameters and participate in enhancing the current way we manage the positions. Improve quotation process by automating a large number of requests and enhancing secondary market tool and risk management. Ensure compliance monitoring is in place, including processes for management of operational risk, in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards.
Must apply via email by sending resume to [email protected] and must reference “Job Code: 3648” to be considered.
Must have a Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics, or a related field and 5 years of related work experience.
Qualifying experience must include:
- Equity derivative trading experience.
- Programming databases including Bloomberg
- Structured products, including specific risks and dynamics
- Tools to manage risk, such as software to trade and cash options, internal booking, or pricing platforms
- Trading single names volatilities and dispersion strategies
- Management of the secondary market on structured products
- Pricing, understanding and risk management of equity structured products for Private Banks and Institutional clients on indices and single names.
- Programming and IT experience including SQL, Python and VBA including ability to build its own tools
- Use of classic Front Office softwares including: Bloomberg, cash trading platform, options trading platform.
- Experience in managing compo underlying such as ADRs and regional trackers
Must have passed FINRA license Series 7 and 63, or be able to obtain within one year of hire/promotion.