Vice President of Sales, Alternate Channels - HP Hood, LLC - Lynnfield, MA
Click Here to Email Your Resume
Apply On Employer's Website
Company: HP Hood, LLC
Vice President of Sales - Alternate Channels (Private Label, Foodservice, Distributors, E-Commerce, Drug, Convenience, Dollar)
Relocation Package Available - Position in Lynnfield, MA (Northshore of Boston)
Are you a self-driven person looking to advance your career as a high-impact player on a team? If so, we have an exciting challenge for you and your future!
HP Hood’s culture is built on value commitments to innovation, quality, results, integrity, community, people, and collaboration that fosters a strong employee engagement, teamwork, safety and wellness.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, wellness programs, employee discounts, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, ongoing development, advancement opportunities and more. This position is also eligible for our bonus program.
Founded in 1846, today HP Hood is one of the largest and most trusted food and beverage manufacturers in the United States. Our portfolio of national and super-regional brands and licensed products includes Hood, Heluva Good, Lactaid, Blue Diamond Almond Breeze, Hershey’s Milk & Milkshakes and more.
Oversee, direct and manage all aspects of business, including the development of Sales Strategy and sales execution. Drive a culture of accountability, urgency, and interdependence by challenging sales and other functions to execute against plans.
- Oversee, motivate, direct, and manage team: Sales Managers, analysts, project managers and brokers
- Work with and train team with a focus on employee development and increasing sales / efficiency
- Regular performance reviews, including the development succession plans
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers
- Develop and implement channel specific strategies that coincide with company strategies
- Maximize sales and achieve assigned volume and profit plan through:
- New Item execution, authorization maintenance, growth of existing items
- Overall management of P&L for assigned businesses
- Identify and execute against cost savings / cost avoidance opportunities
- Monitor / manage commodity costs and customer pricing (collaborate with pricing department)
- Manage and successfully execute against all customer RFP’s (ensuring Hood is invited to all key RFP’s)
- Review and modify and approve (with legal) all customer contracts, ensuring protection for Hood and confirming with related departments, Hoods ability to comply with customer requirements.
- Recommend and develop new Private Label items / formula modifications (with R&D)
- Project management including oversight and facilitation of complete life cycle.
- Rationalize need for new items via category trends and customer demand
- Development and management of Product Charters
- Timely and accurate package development of Private Label items
- Customer redesigns, FDA / Regulatory updates, New Items
- Collaborate with regulatory and legal to limit claim related liability
- Manage and prioritize
- Work with customers to provide forecasting and guidance to operations to ensure adequate capacity and supply
- Direct and manage employees in accordance with company guidelines.
- Manage department cost center budget
- Any other functions or duties required to effectively achieve assigned responsibilities and objectives.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 4 year degree in Business Administration or related field
- Minimum 15 years of industry / management experience
- Strong financial and analytical capabilities, including the ability to interpret and manage P&L statements
Skills and Competencies:
- Above average understanding and capability of using Microsoft Excel
- Proven track record of achieving sales performance objectives.
- Knowledge of trade/customer and industry / deep customer understanding
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills
- Ability to work well and collaborate with other departments
HP Hood is an Equal Opportunity Employer
"VERVRAA Federal Contractor"
This job is currently active.