Digital Platform Manager, Originations - HSBC - Depew, New York - EXPIRED
This is an archive of an expired job.
North America-United States-New York-DEPEW
Accountable for undertaking Digital Servicing Platform Management activity, to define best in class digital channel propositions for strategic and tactical platforms.
Working under direction from the Sr. Digital Servicing Management community, the Digital Servicing Platform Manager will be responsible for providing on the ground Subject Matter Expert (SME) support for requirements and delivery sprints, articulating their product vision, owning requirements (user stories, designs, copy) and empowered to make decisions on scope and priorities (based on a variety of factors).
Day to day responsibility for management of a backlog (new requirements, defects, Change Requests, enhancements) and SME support to downstream teams through Release Management and Testing phases and beyond.
The role holder will develop effective working relationships through full participation in agile sprints working with Scrum Masters, Analysts and Designers and technical leads. The Digital Servicing Platform Manager will also need to build strong relationships with in country teams and global stakeholders to enable understanding and knowledge of global vision and market considerations in order to drive the development.
Impact on the Business
- Accountable for owning and managing backlog for their product (s) from drawdown through to final delivery to the business/ customers including prioritisation of backlog items (new requirements, defects, CRs) based on a variety of business, technical, commercial and customer considerations.
- Subject Matter Expertise input to the requirements elaboration process, supporting Requirements Management teams with data, technical and competitor insight and industry best practice.
- Full participation in agile sprints (daily scrums, spring planning, reviews and retrospectives) through co-location with Scrum Master, technical lead, Analysis and Design as needed, providing clear articulation of product vision and direction.
- Approval of product at the end of sprint and readiness for release to customers.
- Develop strong working relationships with market stakeholders to understand the local product, regulatory and competitive environment in order to design this into overall requirements.
- Report on the status of product backlog and sprint deliverables including business value and priorities.
- Accountable to Sr. Digital Servicing Management for ownership and delivery of backlog.
- Proactive in collaboration with cross functional teams to provide product vision, direction and priorities.
- Work with stakeholders including: Global & Country Digital teams, Fraud and Legal & Compliance and many others to understand local and global requirements and ensure that new features and functions are consumable.
- Lead definition and delivery of ‘best in class’ digital experience through User Centred Design process in collaboration with Design functions, Digital Product Management and Engineering.
- Develop and promote a customer centric ethos, use insight to continuously enhance user experience, increasing loyalty, advocacy and retention.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Provide SME support and direction to Analysis, Design and Testing teams.
- Proactive role in the development of new operational Product Management competency ensuring consistency with peers across Associate Product Management community.
- Proactive with own development and supporting development of Lead Digital Analyst/Digital Analyst teams.
- Contribute to the delivery of the Digital strategy
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Develop clear governance procedures within discipline to maximize convergence across region, and ensure any divergence is justified.
- Procedures should be comprehensive and unambiguous, and include SLAs; individual/team ownership; resolution scenarios and escalation policy.
- Identify key risks, issues and interdependencies and provide appropriate mitigation strategies or escalation as appropriate.
- Support audit / independent programme assessments as required.
- Ensure HSBC is not put at any operational or reputational Risk.
HSBC has evolved over its 140 year history and its adoption of electronic channels can be seen as important as the development of the business in China. Achieving a leading position in this aspect of Financial Services will take a number of years requiring the development of new capabilities and competencies with which the management of the bank and the current culture is largely unfamiliar.
The role holder’s challenge will be to:
- Ensure that all HSBC RBWM services offer standout customer experience and fully deliver on our brand promise.
- Lead provision of common global solutions while recognising that local regulations and customs will require the service to be tailored. Even where local regulation and customs tailor the service accordingly, the service quality HSBC offers will be to the same standard across the world.
- Provide market-leading, compelling digital services that can leverage our global scale and distribution network. With increased connections between our businesses around the world, the aim is to take us from a collection of locally orientated propositions to one global set. These are delivered locally, according to globally defined standards, but with a local flavour, to enable us to compete and lead in the markets we choose to be in.
- Promote the drive to create sustainable cost savings and operational efficiencies through standardising systems, processes and products on a global scale. To create savings we need to drive out waste and duplication, streamline processes and take out paper where we can. Digital channels will be a major facilitator of achieving these objectives.
- Support the creation of one, modern bank, through creation of one IT infrastructure, refining and removing redundant processes and automating others to ensure we deliver the best possible customer experience.
- Ensure that as the predominant technology varies market by market the propositions developed cater for this while striving to be as globally consistent as possible.
- Ensure the solutions developed should be implemented on a generic as opposed to proprietary basis where possible while delivering differentiation against competitors.
- The role holder is responsible for the management and delivery of a digital product backlog to support the delivery of new services and features to customers.
- Not directly responsible for a digital P&L but accountable for the effectiveness and efficiency of the design and delivery of their product set.
- Support and engage with product team, Legal, Compliance, Privacy, Risk, Fraud teams with no direct line responsibility for those individuals
- The role holder require may require to manage deliveries from the third party relationship and interacting with agile and non-agile development teams.
- The role holder will be required to ensure cross training across other Digital platforms to ensure business continuity
Management of Risk
The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
The jobholder will implement the compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Head of Compliance, Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
- Accountable for leading design and delivery of requirements for a digital servicing platform set in support of digital investment.
- Contribute to the delivery of the RBWM Digital objectives
- Peer with stakeholders in Global Digital and with in-country Digital teams to ensure regional requirements are built into new global initiatives
- Support rollout of new digital features and functions
- Digital Product or platform Management/Owner experience; owning all aspects of their product from initiation through to optimization.
- Excellent customer focus; Awareness of User Centred Design methodology, digital customer behaviour, sourcing of customer insight and importance of customer testing.
- Excellent understanding of delivery frameworks particularly hands on experience of working in an agile sprint team.
- Subject Matter Expertise of digital channel, including technical, commercial and market considerations.
- Commercial focus, ability to balance risks vs. rewards and maximize cost effectiveness and profitability for the business.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to operate effectively with ambiguous and incomplete data.
- Strong decision making skills, with the ability to make clear judgments based on data and insight and understand the implications.
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal, to explain complex or technical issues
- Strong negotiation and relationship management skills to satisfy a wide range of internal and external customers with conflicting priorities
- Innovative – the ability to approach things differently or do different things to deliver goals
- Respectful of different cultures, working with colleagues from various regions.
If you would like to notify the Diversity Recruitment team of your application or if you are simply interested in learning about opportunities at HSBC, please email [email protected]