Third Party Management - HSBC - Chicago, Illinois - EXPIRED
This is an archive of an expired job.
North America-United States-Illinois-Arlington Heights
Third Party Management (TPM) is the Procurement function that supports the first line of defense with consistent identification and assessment of third party risk and the ongoing management of supplier contracts and relationships.
The AVP Third Party Management in the US will be responsible for leading TPM projects and activities on behalf of Procurement. The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Communicate, train and assist stakeholders of various levels to understand and mitigate risk associated with the end to end risk management lifecycle.
- Support development and execution of a robust communication and training plan that facilitates the effective application and awareness of third party risk including, but not limited to, Contract Owners, Third Party Risk Officers, Supplier Relationship Managers, Business Risk and Control Managers and other associated stakeholders.
- Liaise with other areas in Procurement to ensure processes and procedures align, such as Sourcing and Accounts Payable activities.
- Work with team members to ensure projects and initiative are well covered and back up plans are in place.
- Facilitate monthly and ad-hoc meetings with Third Party Risk Officers (TPRO) to ensure proper guidance, communication and direction around TPM projects and initiatives.
- Work in partnership with the US TRPM team in the 2LOD to ensure consistency of approach and messaging to the 1LOD.
- Contribute to the global evolution and development of TPM as a service in HSBC.
The role holder will need to be a credible subject matter expert in Third Party Risk and the regulatory context in financial services in the US, with first-hand experience of developing, leading and improving aspects of third party risk and supplier management in large, complex organisations. In addition, the role holder will need to work with colleagues across global businesses, functions, procurement, risk, and compliance to devise and deliver a balanced and measurable approach to how HSBC executes its Third Party Management activities in the US.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Effective communication with stakeholder, including Contract Owners and Third Party Risk Officers
- Excellent communication and influencing with senior stakeholders around all aspects of TPM
- Help propagate common language around TPM roles and language across the US
- Use a wide internal and external network to facilitate and influence TPM improvement in the US
Leadership & Teamwork
- Maintain discipline around TPM and drive the enhancement for the topic appropriately
- Continually develop relationships with stakeholders in GB/GF and colleagues across Procurement
- Share best practices and training with both colleagues in the business and in Procurement
- Work as a key influential member of the Third Party Management team in Procurement
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Provide insight and input into any new Third Party Management procedures, training and any associated controls
- Drive for 100% adherence to any Third Party Management mandated activities
- Assist TPM Manager with all regulatory and compliance matters and the management of operational risk
- The job holder will become a Subject Matter Expert in the Procurement and Third Party Risk life cycle
- The job holder will provide expert Third Party Management advice, direction and influence to all US businesses and functions. The job holder must therefore be able to create effective relationships which will provide confidence and understanding of Third Party Management, including risk and performance management through to value enhancement.
- Five years proven vendor/third party management within a corporate purchasing or operational risk operation, and have strong understanding of US Regulatory environment.
- Strong business partner / relationship management skills, and ability to be seen as a trusted partner, ensuring pro-active engagement of Procurement by business partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management, business law, or related field. MBA, Project Management Certification and/or Institute of Supply Management certification preferred.
- Strong project management, quantitative analysis, negotiation, business relationship and verbal/ written communication skills.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent systems and software packages such as Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint & Word) and VISIO
- Experience with supplier relationship/contract management software such as Emptoris and Archer preferred.
- Aspiration and capability to develop towards a broader management role.
If you would like to notify the Diversity Recruitment team of your application or if you are simply interested in learning about opportunities at HSBC, please email [email protected]