Mortgage Operations Specialist - HSBC - Depew, New York - EXPIRED
This is an archive of an expired job.
North America-United States-New York-DEPEW
- Deliver excellent customer service to a wide range of HSBC RBWM local and international customers (whille ensuring the cost effectiveness of the operation).
- Handle all functions and regulations related to operations support & risk management.
- Deliver upon quantitative and qualitative key performance indicators, in line with our business strategies and regulatory requirements (scorecard).
- Continually review and understand work practices and policies to ensure ongoing audit and risk standards are met.
- Ensure fair outcomes for customers are delivered in all situations.
Impact on the Business
- Complete HMDA validation, Adverse Action, Fallout support, Swaps-CRA, Appraisal Delivery monitoring
- Provide direct link to Compliance for policy, regulation changes, procedures
- Manage fees updates with System Administration and third party vendor
- Participate in issue management/ remediation Achieve published standards and other key performance indicators (attendance, revenue, retention, service levels, operational risk, etc).
- Meet all performance targets including standards in quality and productivity.
- Abide by first call resolution in alignment with global standards to promote customer satisfaction.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Mortgage Retail Sales
- Mortgage Direct
- Mortgage Business Development and Customer Acquisition
- Credit risk – RBWM
- BRCM and Compliance functions supporting RBWM
- Underwriting Quality Control - RBWM
- Private Bank Mortgage team – sales and credit
- Key vendors supporting Mortgage Loan Originations at HSBC
- Third Party Management function in HSBC
- Head of Mortgage and Mortgage Leadership Team
Leadership & Teamwork
- Plan and prioritize work appropriately considering importance, urgency, customer and business impact.
- Deliver excellent customer service .
- Champion and embrace change and innovation
- Demonstrate ownership and common sense with all that you do, sharing best practice.)
- Communicate the HSBC vision, values and goals to others clearly and
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Maintain highest standards of risk management, control and compliance.
- Reduce overall operating losses and credit risk within management control.
- Maintain KYC standards.
- Implement and apply the processes, infrastructure and resources needed to deliver agreed team plans and targets, identifying and implementing improvements and collaborating with colleagues to maximize integration, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Communicate and embed HSBC policy and procedures in order to ensure good operational, financial and project management, policy and procedural compliance and early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise.
- Provide timely, accurate, quality information to stakeholders to meet business and regulatory requirements.
- Deliver desired outcomes – positive customer experience, reduced cost per loan, increased through-put, regulatory compliance
- Ensure compliance in a complex environment with demanding internal standards, multiple internal control functions and multiple government regulators.
- Completing multiple tasks under aggressive time constraints while making accurate decisions with a sense of urgency.
Management of Risk
- Working with a wide range of direct and functional areas
- Close collaboration with mortgage management team, RBWM Credit risk, Legal and Compliance to constantly execute operations and meet our customer needs.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working conditions. Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of light materials.The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
This position requires an individual with:
- Mortgage/HMDA experience as well as knowledge of Mortgage systems (both LOS and Image)
- Minimum of 2 years proven bank, mortgage business, mortgage systems related experience or equivalent.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, related field or equivalent experience.
- Proven communications, organizational, analytical, administrative, problem-solving, project management and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent HSBC systems and software.
- Ability to meet deadlines and objectives independently and within the team.
If you would like to notify the Diversity Recruitment team of your application or if you are simply interested in learning about opportunities at HSBC, please email [email protected]